Long Haul Mover info, options? Back to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Haul Mover info, options? Back to Texas

Maybe the GS has some good ideas or recommendations. We are hopefully soon to be moving the family back to Texas from Illinois. Moving up here was a corporate move so expense wasn't an issue. Getting back will be on us, so looking for ideas and options some may have to hopefully get a good price but still get good service. Family of 4 and unfortunately lots of stuff!

If anyone has any feedback please share, good or bad.

Thanks

Having moved numerous times I’ve now come to conclusion outside it deeply personal articles and perhaps heirlooms, it is best to move as little as possible when it’s on our dime. That means tools and guns and photos etc. I donate plates and glasses and heavy stuff that is easily replaced with overnight free shipping for new things. Moving prices can be 15-20k easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Goldman Sachs classmate that owns a Mayflower franchise here in the Houston area. Let me know if you want her to reach out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
        Having moved numerous times I’ve now come to conclusion outside it deeply personal articles and perhaps heirlooms, it is best to move as little as possible when it’s on our dime. That means tools and guns and photos etc. I donate plates and glasses and heavy stuff that is easily replaced with overnight free shipping for new things. Moving prices can be 15-20k easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yep, if I could would just buy new and move on. Unfortunately my wife is much more attached to our stuff than I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I have a Goldman Sachs classmate that owns a Mayflower franchise here in the Houston area. Let me know if you want her to reach out.

Thanks Landrover! I have some folks coming this week to take a look but may shoot you a Pm with my contact # for you to pass on. Thanks

Comment

No problem sir. At least compare quotes. She is a very sweet lady and decades with Mayflower.

Comment

Check motorfreight companies, Old Dominion and ABF offer home moving options. I have no experience with this side of the freight business and no clue on price, throwing it out there as an option to check. We used PODS for our move and they were cheap. We just moved from one house to another in the same town though. If there is enough beer and fuel in it I bet we could round up some cattle trailers and head north

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  Check motorfreight companies, Old Dominion and ABF offer home moving options. I have no experience with this side of the freight business and no clue on price, throwing it out there as an option to check. We used PODS for our move and they were cheap. We just moved from one house to another in the same town though. If there is enough beer and fuel in it I bet we could round up some cattle trailers and head north
                  Thanks for the idea brushtrooper! I wouldn't ask any of you good ol Texans to come up here for any reason! We have been trying to get out as soon as we got here...

Comment

What about the"POD"...you load...they pick up and deliver

Comment

Working...
                    X