Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2020, 06:50 PM   #1
kumathebear
Pope & Young
 
kumathebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Granbury
Hunt In: Coke County and Beyond
Angry Folks are losing their jobs & business's!

I agree 100% the virus paranoia is just that, paranoia BUT....

Folks are getting laid off and business's are in jeopardy whether you believe it or not. We have a small cafť we frequent about 5 miles north of us in Granbury that serves the BEST home cooked food. They are small, full will only seat about 30+-, but their business is getting hammered with the paranoia scare.

And now, Dallas county has closed all grills, bars, places to eat in general so the "doomsday" continues and WILL continue.

Whether you believe the hype or deny it, small business's are going to suffer and many will close perhaps never to recover again. Now there are even GS posts on ammo run's with sold out shelves? Saw that coming too like many of you but does not affect our household.

Conspiracy comments are beginning to really surface, "Are they hiding something?" Schools closed and no end in sight.

But my point is this...have some empathy for those who are not as fortunate as many of us...whatever you believe, there are those who are in harm's way, particularly the elderly and home bound chronic illness so just think of them and of course the children!

It's NOT a joke anymore folks and there are those who will suffer much more than perhaps all of us when it's said and done.
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #2
txtrophy85
Ten Point
 
txtrophy85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: All over the World
Default

So what is the solution?

If local governments are forcing a shutdown, what is the alternative?

Not saying it won’t hurt a lot of folks especially in service and consumer based industries, but I’m seeing a lot of rants and not any solutions or problem solving ideas
txtrophy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
Greenheadless
Ten Point
 
Greenheadless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Hunt In: Liberty County
Default

The ends justify the means........remember that.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
Acameron52
Pope & Young
 
Acameron52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lewisville
Hunt In: Coleman & Loving
Default

It’s sad man. Gonna be the end for a lot of small businesses.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:03 PM   #5
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

We opened up a new restaurant today in Fort Worth, talk about great timing.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #6
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
We opened up a new restaurant today in Fort Worth, talk about great timing.
If there ever was an ironic story, it's that a restaurant named "Shuck Me" opens today. This is just begging for a viral meme to get you some local publicity. When all this settles down, we'll have a TBH HH at your new location.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #7
tx_basser
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sachse, TX
Hunt In: Any place Public
Default

Daughter said they were starting layoffs at her job... she just graduated in June and got this job.. .so hoping she makes it.
tx_basser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:17 PM   #8
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young
 
Johnny Dangerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days
Default

The company my sister works for had a meeting this morning and were told their salaries were being cut 30% and if you don't like it quit. About 25 employees......
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #9
perow
Pope & Young
 
perow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland
Hunt In: Moran
Default

They aren’t closing the restaurants down just no sitting down and eating—-keep going by and get the food to go
perow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #10
hogslayer78
Pope & Young
 
hogslayer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Porter, Tx
Hunt In: San Augustine
Default

My wife will start working from home as of Monday per her company.
hogslayer78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #11
Reaper311
Spike
 
Reaper311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Angleton, Tx
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

It’s crazy, I work in construction and have about 30 people working for me. I have been in countless meetings and corporate emails for the last week with no answers to give my employees about what’s to come. It’s a bad time for the average family man.
Reaper311 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:22 PM   #12
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper311 View Post
Itís crazy, I work in construction and have about 30 people working for me. I have been in countless meetings and corporate emails for the last week with no answers to give my employees about whatís to come. Itís a bad time for the average family man.
In my best non-tinfoil mind I think we'll see some historic bailout for companies and the average person.

Just another cog in the conditioning of the avg American to rely on the gov't
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #13
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

Unfortunately this is going to be like a hurricane. You hold on for dear life until it passes, then go outside and assess the damage and pick up the pieces that are left. I have very close friends in the restaurant business, and today's news of closures could mean the end for them. I sure hope not. This is gonna be really bad for the service industry.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #14
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Temporary transient
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

It is like a hurricane. virus will run its course just like a hurricane.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:28 PM   #15
hogslayer78
Pope & Young
 
hogslayer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Porter, Tx
Hunt In: San Augustine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
Unfortunately this is going to be like a hurricane. You hold on for dear life until it passes, then go outside and assess the damage and pick up the pieces that are left. I have very close friends in the restaurant business, and today's news of closures could mean the end for them. I sure hope not. This is gonna be really bad for the service industry.
Yes sir and I believe it's gonna be bad for the everyday average joe. People that are hourly will most likely get sent home for a couple weeks or longer and not get paid. Our school is out now until April 20th. Got an email earlier.
hogslayer78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:29 PM   #16
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

My sons work cut their hours. His girl friend is a waitress and is afraid the City of Plan will close down Restaurants like Dallas.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:30 PM   #17
Kingfisher789
Ten Point
 
Kingfisher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin. Jim Ned Creek
Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood
Default

It’s going to be ok. Christmas going to be slim but it’s going to be ok
Kingfisher789 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:30 PM   #18
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southlake, Texas
Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
If there ever was an ironic story, it's that a restaurant named "Shuck Me" opens today. This is just begging for a viral meme to get you some local publicity. When all this settles down, we'll have a TBH HH at your new location.
We were told just a little while ago that we can only have half of our occupancy in the restaurant at one time, that is much better than to go only. We did a soft opening anyway, doubtful we would be at full occupancy anytime soon, especially with this virus thing. Thanks for the plug
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #19
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties
Default

Sh#t happens
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:33 PM   #20
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith County, Stephens County
Default

I have a small restaurant that seats about 70 people. I have 7 employees and myself. Business has tanked. I'm not so worried about myself but the weight of the other 7 weighs on me heavily.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:37 PM   #21
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point
 
ACCURACYINC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Mcmullen County
Default

I'm not a commercial insurance specialist, but folks may want to see if there is any coverage available for business interruption.
ACCURACYINC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:42 PM   #22
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Prayers up for those that will be hurting. I own a small business, but not service oriented ( B to B ) so it wouldnt hurt as much, except the vast majority is oil related. Gunna be a real bad year.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:43 PM   #23
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point
 
RifleBowPistol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
In my best non-tinfoil mind I think we'll see some historic bailout for companies and the average person.

Just another cog in the conditioning of the avg American to rely on the gov't
That's what I see coming. The government forces businesses to shut down and forces people to stay home. So how are they to make money to pay bills, rent mortgages, car payments, all because the government decided everyone should just stay home, like everyone has plenty of money in their bank account to cover all of their bills indefinitely.

I see a lot of people demanding the government help them pay their bills. I see a lot of people getting on some new government program that will pay their bills and feed them. That or crime is going to skyrocket. Either way, there is a big mess coming.

This whole deal has been planned for a while, they are just trying to get everything in place, basically military, medical, fuel, food, ECT. Once they have everything in place and ready to go, it sounds like they are going to declare martial law. I heard they are calling out the National Guard, Texas Guard. There is more going on here than they are telling us. The virus numbers don't even come anywhere close to justifying this level of shutdown. Then the government dropped the interest rates a while, the middle east dropped the oil prices to $20 a barrel. The people at the top, world wide know something and it ain't just this virus.

I have heard some events are being rescheduled for November of all times, such as Fiesta in San Antonio, like they know the whole mess will be over by November, so lets reschedule these events for the same month as the presidential. We are definitely being kept in the dark on whatever the big plan is.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #24
perow
Pope & Young
 
perow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland
Hunt In: Moran
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
I'm not a commercial insurance specialist, but folks may want to see if there is any coverage available for business interruption.
We have that on our policy and will be checking with our agent tomorrow to see if it will apply if we need it.
perow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #25
Reaper311
Spike
 
Reaper311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Angleton, Tx
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
That's what I see coming. The government forces businesses to shut down and forces people to stay home. So how are they to make money to pay bills, rent mortgages, car payments, all because the government decided everyone should just stay home, like everyone has plenty of money in their bank account to cover all of their bills indefinitely.

I see a lot of people demanding the government help them pay their bills. I see a lot of people getting on some new government program that will pay their bills and feed them. That or crime is going to skyrocket. Either way, there is a big mess coming.

This whole deal has been planned for a while, they are just trying to get everything in place, basically military, medical, fuel, food, ECT. Once they have everything in place and ready to go, it sounds like they are going to declare martial law. I heard they are calling out the National Guard, Texas Guard. There is more going on here than they are telling us. The virus numbers don't even come anywhere close to justifying this level of shutdown. Then the government dropped the interest rates a while, the middle east dropped the oil prices to $20 a barrel. The people at the top, world wide know something and it ain't just this virus.

I have heard some events are being rescheduled for November of all times, such as Fiesta in San Antonio, like they know the whole mess will be over by November, so lets reschedule these events for the same month as the presidential. We are definitely being kept in the dark on whatever the big plan is.
I agree, I think there is a bigger plan that hasnít show Itís ugly head yet
Reaper311 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #26
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young
 
Johnny Dangerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days
Default

Son owns a small concrete cutting business. Phone has not rang for a week........
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #27
WRasco
Eight Point
 
WRasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Cypress, TX
Hunt In: Online - Buy more gear than I Hunt...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perow View Post
We have that on our policy and will be checking with our agent tomorrow to see if it will apply if we need it.
Curious to see if insurance pays out in a national emergency.
WRasco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:05 PM   #28
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Freestone Hill Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
That's what I see coming. The government forces businesses to shut down and forces people to stay home. So how are they to make money to pay bills, rent mortgages, car payments, all because the government decided everyone should just stay home, like everyone has plenty of money in their bank account to cover all of their bills indefinitely.

I see a lot of people demanding the government help them pay their bills. I see a lot of people getting on some new government program that will pay their bills and feed them. That or crime is going to skyrocket. Either way, there is a big mess coming.

This whole deal has been planned for a while, they are just trying to get everything in place, basically military, medical, fuel, food, ECT. Once they have everything in place and ready to go, it sounds like they are going to declare martial law. I heard they are calling out the National Guard, Texas Guard. There is more going on here than they are telling us. The virus numbers don't even come anywhere close to justifying this level of shutdown. Then the government dropped the interest rates a while, the middle east dropped the oil prices to $20 a barrel. The people at the top, world wide know something and it ain't just this virus.

I have heard some events are being rescheduled for November of all times, such as Fiesta in San Antonio, like they know the whole mess will be over by November, so lets reschedule these events for the same month as the presidential. We are definitely being kept in the dark on whatever the big plan is.
You forgot the part about the aliens...
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:07 PM   #29
hooligan
Pope & Young
 
hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: Sterling Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perow View Post
They arenít closing the restaurants down just no sitting down and eatingó-keep going by and get the food to go
This. You can still do delivery and take out. Heck even Rahr is doing drive by pick ups for beer at the brewery. You can still support them and help out the restaurant.

Server wages in Tx are crap so a lot of industry workers are hurting, each tip helps
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:09 PM   #30
Saltaholic
Associate Sponsor
 
Saltaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Default

Was given notice today the plant I work for is letting all contractors go and I have 2 weeks to finish up a few shop inspections then thatís probably the ending....

Guess itís full time metal work for us starting allot sooner than we envisioned.
Saltaholic is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #31
txtrophy85
Ten Point
 
txtrophy85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: All over the World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This. You can still do delivery and take out. Heck even Rahr is doing drive by pick ups for beer at the brewery. You can still support them and help out the restaurant.

Server wages in Tx are crap so a lot of industry workers are hurting, each tip helps

These are the people that I feel for...the up and commers living deal to deal, job to job and day to day who havent' got a chance yet to get established and to get a solid financial anchor.

I remember back in 08' I was trying to transition careers ( bad timing ) and got in a real bad financial spot, had to move back home ( albiet for just a few months ) and was trying to pick up whatever work I could. Went from owning the company running 3 crews to being the low man on a construction crew going from job to job barely making ends meet. I remember I went almost 3 months with no cell phone.

Prayers go out to the Servers, Bartenders, Cooks, Personal Trainers etc. who are feeling this pinch
txtrophy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:49 PM   #32
curtintex
Pope & Young
 
curtintex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Porter, TX
Hunt In: Tyler County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrophy85 View Post
These are the people that I feel for...the up and commers living deal to deal, job to job and day to day who havent' got a chance yet to get established and to get a solid financial anchor.

I remember back in 08' I was trying to transition careers ( bad timing ) and got in a real bad financial spot, had to move back home ( albiet for just a few months ) and was trying to pick up whatever work I could. Went from owning the company running 3 crews to being the low man on a construction crew going from job to job barely making ends meet. I remember I went almost 3 months with no cell phone.

Prayers go out to the Servers, Bartenders, Cooks, Personal Trainers etc. who are feeling this pinch

My daughter cuts hair and her clientele had grown so much that just last week she doubled her work space and hired another stylist to work for her. She now owes a lease, has an employee and won't make any money for a few days or weeks. She called me freaking out. I told her that was what savings was for and why I always pressed on her to keep cash on hand. She'll make it, but it'll be tough and tight.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:52 PM   #33
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
Unfortunately this is going to be like a hurricane. You hold on for dear life until it passes, then go outside and assess the damage and pick up the pieces that are left. I have very close friends in the restaurant business, and today's news of closures could mean the end for them. I sure hope not. This is gonna be really bad for the service industry.
Good analogy. Sad as it all is with folks losing jobs(hopefully temporary). It will pass and folks will regroup.
Huntindad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:54 PM   #34
kingranch
Ten Point
 
kingranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: lakeway
Default

Trump put in place the sba emergency funds for low interest loans
That alone should buy time but not sure how long.
I think alot of small businesses aren't aware of it and should do some research asap

up to 2 million is alot to work with for a business
https://www.sba.gov/about-sba/sba-ne...virus-covid-19

Last edited by kingranch; 03-16-2020 at 08:59 PM.
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #35
ca1219
Six Point
 
ca1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burleson
Hunt In: The nude
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumathebear View Post
I agree 100% the virus paranoia is just that, paranoia BUT....

Folks are getting laid off and business's are in jeopardy whether you believe it or not. We have a small cafť we frequent about 5 miles north of us in Granbury that serves the BEST home cooked food. They are small, full will only seat about 30+-, but their business is getting hammered with the paranoia scare.

And now, Dallas county has closed all grills, bars, places to eat in general so the "doomsday" continues and WILL continue.

Whether you believe the hype or deny it, small business's are going to suffer and many will close perhaps never to recover again. Now there are even GS posts on ammo run's with sold out shelves? Saw that coming too like many of you but does not affect our household.

Conspiracy comments are beginning to really surface, "Are they hiding something?" Schools closed and no end in sight.

But my point is this...have some empathy for those who are not as fortunate as many of us...whatever you believe, there are those who are in harm's way, particularly the elderly and home bound chronic illness so just think of them and of course the children!

It's NOT a joke anymore folks and there are those who will suffer much more than perhaps all of us when it's said and done.

I grew up in Granbury. Curious what cafe it is.
ca1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #36
critter69
Pope & Young
 
critter69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can
Default

I’ve got work tomorrow then nothing scheduled after that, not sure what they are doing. I guess I will find out tomorrow.File for Unemployment I believe, is what I will have to do.
critter69 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 09:20 PM   #37
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young
 
lovemylegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mauriceville
Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumathebear View Post
I agree 100% the virus paranoia is just that, paranoia BUT....

Folks are getting laid off and business's are in jeopardy whether you believe it or not. We have a small cafť we frequent about 5 miles north of us in Granbury that serves the BEST home cooked food. They are small, full will only seat about 30+-, but their business is getting hammered with the paranoia scare.

And now, Dallas county has closed all grills, bars, places to eat in general so the "doomsday" continues and WILL continue.

Whether you believe the hype or deny it, small business's are going to suffer and many will close perhaps never to recover again. Now there are even GS posts on ammo run's with sold out shelves? Saw that coming too like many of you but does not affect our household.

Conspiracy comments are beginning to really surface, "Are they hiding something?" Schools closed and no end in sight.

But my point is this...have some empathy for those who are not as fortunate as many of us...whatever you believe, there are those who are in harm's way, particularly the elderly and home bound chronic illness so just think of them and of course the children!

It's NOT a joke anymore folks and there are those who will suffer much more than perhaps all of us when it's said and done.
That's the plan bro
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 09:40 PM   #38
Grant2
Ten Point
 
Grant2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hunt In: Big Tex
Default

Restaurant are not closed if you have a plan. They can still order takeout and delivery and some will get past the 15 days. Yes it’s an inconvenience, but some will not recover and some will bounce back. Why other employers are laying off people that are no result in the closing is beyond me maybe this is the excuse they needed to downsize who knows. Good luck to all, we will get passed this and learn from it as well.
Grant2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 09:42 PM   #39
Cantcatch5
Ten Point
 
Cantcatch5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tyler, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
I have a small restaurant that seats about 70 people. I have 7 employees and myself. Business has tanked. I'm not so worried about myself but the weight of the other 7 weighs on me heavily.
Is your restaurant in Troup? Whatís the name we will check it out.
Cantcatch5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 09:43 PM   #40
jlp04c
Eight Point
 
jlp04c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Default

I 100% understand this is going to be extraordinarily difficult. What I cant understand is why some businesses are struggling so quickly... does anybody save anymore? I mean, its only been 3-4 days, are we that leveraged? Or are we just fearful for whats coming (justified).
jlp04c is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 09:54 PM   #41
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Temporary transient
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Most owners are ok. Folks working there paying rent and bills will suffer. Been there before and no way I could of afforded no tips for two weeks.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:00 PM   #42
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young
 
Dusty Britches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cameron & College Station
Default

The small restaurants in our area have done what the big kids did - switch to home delivery. Hiring temporary workers to deliver.

Adapt.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #43
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska
Default

I never dreamed that I would ever see a day that America would have a "Closed For Business" sign hanging on her front door...
It's like a BAD dream!!
Maybe we will be stronger when this is over.. Who knows.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 PM   #44
doug
Ten Point
 
doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Humble TX
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

If I owned an eating place I would be setting up a plan to have the staff take orders in the parking lot. Even if they didnt have a drive thru might be able to make some adjustments and take a car order like a table. Take the order inside and pack it up to go. Wouldn't that work for a lot of places? I would dang sure go there and tip well just to keep things going!
doug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 PM   #45
jlinville
Ten Point
 
jlinville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Cherokee Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
Is your restaurant in Troup? Whatís the name we will check it out.
I've been wondering it too. He was talking about buying around the time Tiger Cafe was for sale.
jlinville is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:06 PM   #46
Mexdeer19
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Hunt In: Freer, Texas
Default Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp04c View Post
I 100% understand this is going to be extraordinarily difficult. What I cant understand is why some businesses are struggling so quickly... does anybody save anymore? I mean, its only been 3-4 days, are we that leveraged? Or are we just fearful for whats coming (justified).
I own a sit down restaurant, bar, and music venue. I had a friend/ mentor give me some advice after I bought the restaurant. He said this is the easiest way to lose $20k a week if you arenít careful. What I see happening is people will over order the first week and try to keep their employees, hoping this last 15 days. If this goes longer, people will start getting in real financial trouble.
Mexdeer19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:12 PM   #47
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I never dreamed that I would ever see a day that America would have a "Closed For Business" sign hanging on her front door...
It's like a BAD dream!!
Maybe we will be stronger when this is over.. Who knows.
Hopefully so. https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...pYjC52eahYGevo
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:23 PM   #48
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
We opened up a new restaurant today in Fort Worth, talk about great timing.
Yep, you gonna have stories for a lifetime.....lol...Ö..you guys will make it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by perow View Post
They arenít closing the restaurants down just no sitting down and eatingó-keep going by and get the food to go
You got it...Ö..or call DoorDash and they will bring it to ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
I'm not a commercial insurance specialist, but folks may want to see if there is any coverage available for business interruption.
Yep, I have had it for nearly 15 years and have never used it. Hopefully don't need it this time either. We are using this as an opportunity to test market a hypothesis I have had for awhile. Should be interesting either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp04c View Post
I 100% understand this is going to be extraordinarily difficult. What I cant understand is why some businesses are struggling so quickly... does anybody save anymore? I mean, its only been 3-4 days, are we that leveraged? Or are we just fearful for whats coming (justified).
We had a family discussion about that on yesterday. We are all concerned about a super long timeframe but short term not so much. I pray everyone comes out fine and changes the way they do things in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Most owners are ok. Folks working there paying rent and bills will suffer. Been there before and no way I could of afforded no tips for two weeks.
We had Sysco Foods deliver 2 cases of water for each of our 37 employees and core food staples to last them two weeks. No layoffs either but obviously less hours for the younger employees. I will continue to support our TEAM as long as possible as we really have some good folks.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:24 PM   #49
curtintex
Pope & Young
 
curtintex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Porter, TX
Hunt In: Tyler County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Thanks, Shane. I'm so sick and tired of the pissing and moaning and complaining. We didn't invent this **** show, but we can certainly deal with it with perseverance and dignity. This is a great country. We've don't typically lay down and take anything. We had some goat-humpers knock down a couple of our buildings and we've spent the next 19 years stacking them up like cord wood in their own towns and villages and deserts. We beat the Nazis and Fascism and the Japs. We cured Polio. We survived the Great Depression and the Great Recession. We're a country of ******es and for those that are too weak to carry themselves, the rest of us will drag along. I'd just like to see people face this with less defeat in their attitude and more "We got this". I've never had to fight a virus before but that SOB has never had to fight America either. I bet on us.

Last edited by curtintex; 03-16-2020 at 10:28 PM.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-16-2020, 10:26 PM   #50
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith County, Stephens County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
Is your restaurant in Troup? Whatís the name we will check it out.


Iím in Arp. The Front Porch Cafe. Let me know if you come by.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com