.300 Win Mag- Winchester vs Browning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.300 Win Mag- Winchester vs Browning

Looking to add a .300 win mag to my hunting rifle collection and between two rifles currently. Looking at the Browning X-Bolt Western Hunter and the Winchester Model 70 True Timber Strata. I have a X-Bolt 7mm-08 and love the way it shoots. Have never owned a Winchester.

What would you choose and why?

Both are good guns.

Pick the one you like the best

Comment

If the trigger is Gold the critter will fold

Comment

I shoot a Browning 300 WM & love it bc great trigger, accurate & not to heavy on my Colorado & Wyoming elk hunts

Comment

Recently worked on a buddies X bolt 28 nosler. Redid his mounts and rings and scope. Sighted it in and gathered some data. I don’t compliment factory rifles very often but that gun impressed me. Great trigger for a factory one. Smooth bolt and short bolt angle. Shot .4” at 100 with factory Hornady precision hunter with an SD of 7.6. That’s impressive. Downside is lack of aftermarket support and hard to get rebarrelled once it’s shot out.

Comment

I have a m70 Super Grade that I’m very pleased with. I prefer the controlled feed that the Winchester actions provide, the rifle also came with a pretty exceptional trigger for a box gun. My BIL is a Browning guy and they have been solid rifles for him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Winchester is in the name of the round you're wanting to shoot, just sayin.

Can't go wrong with with either one, i like M70s personally, I've always loved the 3 way safety.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My go to gun is a model 70 in 300 win mag... It never lets me down... I’ve not shot an x bolt browning...

Comment

I have a browning X-bolt Hells Canyon and it's the best shooting rifle I own.

Comment

X-bolt all day. I have one in 338 win mag. Sub MOA with factory Federals and sub MOA with my reloads. I bought it to hunt bear in Alaska and never got to make the trip. Sweet gun that I now have no use for other than to say I own it.

Comment

Which one fits you better?

Comment

Owned by the same folks.

Comment

Working...
                        X