Another Great Trip With my KOZ Boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Great Trip With my KOZ Boys!

Myself and 2 other men took 9 boys aged 12-18 camping and hog hunting in South Texas this weekend.

The boys arrived at the ranch Friday evening about 9:15 and promptly found a 2 ft rattler about 30 yards from their tents. Of course that made a great teaching moment about wearing boots 100% of the time! Next they found a scorpion right in the middle of camp. Goodnight, sleep tight![emoji16]

We hunted Saturday morning and all 3 groups saw hogs but none closed the deal. We did ranch work (repairing feeder pens and filling cottonseed feeders )from noon to 4 then hunted the afternoon with only one group seeing hogs.

A big sounder with 10-15 came in and started eating. It was (first time hunter) Olumide, better known as Bronco for his love of the Denver Broncos, turn on the crossbow and he forgot everything we taught him about how to hold, aim and shoot it. [emoji846] By the time we got it worked out the pigs had decided it was time to leave and didn’t come back! [emoji3525]

The crew was beat from all the ranch work and hit the sack early so we could get after them again this morning.

First up was Bo better known as Bassmaster for his fishing prowess. Right at daybreak a sounder came in and he popped a nice sow.

Next was Anthony, better known as Bullseye for his shooting abilities. About 8 am a nice boar showed up and true to his name Bullseye sent a broad head through both lungs at 25 yards.

A great weekend where the boys learned about feral hogs and ranch work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good time there! Good for y'all for taking them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!! Great job taking those young men outside!!

Comment

That's great!!!

Comment

Fantastic!!

Comment

Great story and pics, there's no better place for a nap than a deer stand !

Comment

Awesome adventure for those boys.

Comment

Awesome!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff RJ! Ron doesn't miss a chance to get cottonseed filled does he?

Comment

Lol! No doubt!

It’s been so dry we’re having to fill every week instead of every two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X