Sight Mark Wraith 2-16 x 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sight Mark Wraith 2-16 x 28

My son got me one for my birthday. I am stoked. I hope I am smart enough to figure this thing out. Anybody with firsthand experience that can offer tips, input or observations. I have it mounted and will head out to sight it in, hopefully, later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes
    1) when it's dawn, dusk and you are having a tough time making out the feeder. Turn on night mode it'll help you see better. No need to turn the IR light on.

2) I turn mine on and leave it on for the duration of the hunt. Press and hold the down arrow to turn off the viewfinder screen. Press the power button to turn it back on

3) If using and External power source don't lay the weapon on its right side. You can damage the USB port. I learned this the hard way.

When I was using an external power source I'd run the scope off of the AA batteries until I got settled in the blind or wherever I was hunting. That way the USB Cord wouldn't get caught on thingsq

Comment

Just bought two of them. The stock IR is great out just past 100yrds. If you’re wanting to hunt farther out I’d suggest the sniper hog light 66 with a 850 IR bulb. It’s a large light and needs to really be mounted under the gun barrel but takes the unit to the next level.

Also if this old redneck can figure the menus out in about 5 min you’ll be fine. It’s really user friendly and YouTube has several instructional videos.
      Last edited by sharkhunter; 04-03-2021, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Yes
        1) when it's dawn, dusk and you are having a tough time making out the feeder. Turn on night mode it'll help you see better. No need to turn the IR light on.

2) I turn mine on and leave it on for the duration of the hunt. Press and hold the down arrow to turn off the viewfinder screen. Press the power button to turn it back on

3) If using and External power source don't lay the weapon on its right side. You can damage the USB port. I learned this the hard way.

When I was using an external power source I'd run the scope off of the AA batteries until I got settled in the blind or wherever I was hunting. That way the USB Cord wouldn't get caught on thingsq

What is the easiest way to switch from day to night?

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post

I believe it’s the down button.

I love mine. Very simple to use. The only complaint for me (and many others) is the stock IR illuminator. Bought a new one for under $100 and I can see a couple hundred yards.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post

Left arrow

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
              I believe it’s the down button.

I love mine. Very simple to use. The only complaint for me (and many others) is the stock IR illuminator. Bought a new one for under $100 and I can see a couple hundred yards.

Enjoy!
              Down arrow turns display off

Left arrow/button changes the modes

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                Down arrow turns display off

Left arrow/button changes the modes
                You’re right. There are only 4 arrows to push so I usually just press each one until I find the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  You’re right. There are only 4 arrows to push so I usually just press each one until I find the right one.
                  [emoji1303][emoji1303]
                  As do I [emoji56]

Comment

Are you guys able to see at all with out the illuminator? I can’t and here is the response I got from customer service

I confirmed w/ my Engineers and they state that the Wraith is an 'Active NV' vs. a 'Passive NV'. The Wraith will need an IR to be utilized, unlike Gen. 1, 2, and 3 NV units that have an intensifier tube. I believe your Wraith is fine. I have confirmed this since our first email response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There is a utube video on all the features. It helps alot.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                        Are you guys able to see at all with out the illuminator? I can’t and here is the response I got from customer service

I confirmed w/ my Engineers and they state that the Wraith is an 'Active NV' vs. a 'Passive NV'. The Wraith will need an IR to be utilized, unlike Gen. 1, 2, and 3 NV units that have an intensifier tube. I believe your Wraith is fine. I have confirmed this since our first email response.

At night, no. Gotta have the illuminator

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post

At night no

As daybreak's and it's a touch to dark to see with the naked eye.
                          Yes I can see with out the illumnator

As night falls and it's a tad to dark to see with the naked eye. Yes I can see with out the illuminator.

I HAD video posted on my YouTube channel of me doing it.
                          I MIGHT try and find, later

Comment

Go take a look at my Youtube videos on the Wraith 4x. I have two that cover everything you need to know about setup and adjustments. All of the controls on the 2X are the same as the 4x. you may have to fast forward through the boring parts. There's also several hunting videos and one specific to the Wraith 2x.
                            Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

get you a breakaway coaster to install on the focus ring ... you gonna find out especially at night focusing is important .. and this allows to make quick precise adjustments much easier ... https://www.amazon.com/Breakaway-Nyl...7648072&sr=8-1

Comment

Working...
                              X