No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does that scope cost? I bet it won't be long, when you look thru another one this one will be up for sale lol

COmparing it to the Iray 384, it isn't even close to the same quality. But that Iray 384 is $3999.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      here is a quick video i just uploaded showing what you can do with the phone interface.. you can zoom in and out and switch white hot black hot without cycling through ... and it looks clearer than the viewfinder.. at least for my old eyes

you can see even the field mice 50 yards away

AGM Taipan T-vision software to iphone recording - YouTube
      I need to get that done to mine if'n I can figure it out.
      What about to an I-pad?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        I need to get that done to mine if'n I can figure it out.
        What about to an I-pad?
        same thing .. just download t-vision , turn wifi on in the menu , i think it's called network. , turn wifi on ipad, password is serial number , which is the same as ssid too ... open the app , click login and you got video .. from there , all the buttons are on the screen and intuitive ... once you record video, lower left screen click them to review them , click download and it copies to the ipad .. easy ... didn't even read the manual and figured in out in seconds..

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          What does that scope cost? I bet it won't be long, when you look thru another one this one will be up for sale lol

COmparing it to the Iray 384, it isn't even close to the same quality. But that Iray 384 is $3999.
          $1299! I'm not spending $4k on a spotter.... triple the cost.. is it 3 times better?... and yes it looks like **** compared to my reap-ir ... but that's ok, it's just to get on pigs without having to shoulder my rifle all the time ...

i'm actually considering mounting it on top of my helmet and just using my phone ... that way i can even still use my pvs14 to drive ..
          Last edited by imyomama; 03-29-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

$1299! I'm not spending $4k on a spotter.... triple the cost.. is it 3 times better?... and yes it looks like **** compared to my reap-ir ... but that's ok, it's just to get on pigs without having to shoulder my rifle all the time ...

i'm actually considering mounting it on top of my helmet and just using my phone ... that way i can even still use my pvs14 to drive ..
            Dang thats a cheap thermal. Didn't know they made them that cheap now.

My thoughts are always my 2nd scope will be a good one too, for my kids/buddy as a 2nd scope also. With a QD mount of course

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              Awesome, glad the video helped too. If you bought it from Outdoor Legacy, thank you!

Jason
              Yes it was from you guys. Already got is mounted and sighted in and killed a couple of hogs this weekend.

One question. How do i know the factory wifi password so i can link it to my phone through the app? I didn't see it in any of the literature

Comment

Nobody is going to believe this but I put my new sightmark wraith hd 2-16 on my wife’s rifle (her birthday present)and mounted the upgraded Ir light under the barrel like everyone suggest. Put in the batteries and turned it on and ran through the menu to familiarize myself. Literally 2 or 3 min I had it down and set my preferences. Went out on my back porch after dark and turned it on and the very first thing I saw was a fox at about 150 yrds circling our pond trying to get to our ducks. This thing has good juju! I can hardly wait to get it in the woods!
                Last edited by sharkhunter; 03-29-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                  Yes it was from you guys. Already got is mounted and sighted in and killed a couple of hogs this weekend.

One question. How do i know the factory wifi password so i can link it to my phone through the app? I didn't see it in any of the literature
                  Awesome! Hope you enjoy it.

iRay Rico wifi password is.... 12345678

Comment

GREAT Video!! I was literally laughing out loud when the video started because it's SO true. I'm just glad they don't ask me to write manuals....they'd be longer than the Bible and that would just us through unboxing, putting batteries in and turning it on. I'm going to send people this video because it's awesome. I know that it takes a very long time and a lot of work to make those, excellent job. Oh and I want to come play craps!lol

Jason
                    Jason, thank you for the kind words, and thanks for pointing me to the Super Hogster. Yep, that one seems complicated at first, but it's really not bad. I hope the video helps others. I finally got to use it in the field last weekend, I'm thrilled with how it performed. I'm currently using it as a spotter, and watched deer, coons and a fox for several hours. (no dead pigs yet). Let me know the next time you are in the Austin area, the craps table is available for friends anytime. (and the bar is always open). Thanks again!!

Comment

Jason, have the Thermion 2 XQ38's started shipping into the US or is there any guess on when they they will begin shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                        Jason, have the Thermion 2 XQ38's started shipping into the US or is there any guess on when they they will begin shipping?
                        No sir. We got an allocation list from Pulsar today of what's coming over the next few weeks and a VERY small batch of the Thermion 2 XQ50's are coming in but no XQ38's yet. The XQ38 has been about the hardest scope to get from the day it was released, short of maybe the Trail 2 XP50 LRF.

Comment

No sir. We got an allocation list from Pulsar today of what's coming over the next few weeks and a VERY small batch of the Thermion 2 XQ50's are coming in but no XQ38's yet. The XQ38 has been about the hardest scope to get from the day it was released, short of maybe the Trail 2 XP50 LRF.

Figured that was the case. My Rattler shipped from your warehouse today so I’m one step closer to replacing my thermals.

Comment

well , someone responded to my youtube video and said AGM is actually hikvision rebranded ... can someone validate this is the case ? looks like the hikvision 25mm 384 is $800 ...

Comment

well , someone responded to my youtube video and said AGM is actually hikvision rebranded ... can someone validate this is the case ? looks like the hikvision 25mm 384 is $800 ...
                              I have not heard that but the app says Welcome to HIK-Thermal. It does look exactly like it though.

Edit: After looking at them online it may be only in Europe. All of the prices I saw where in Euros (sp). So may not be available in US. AGM may be the US dealer for them? Not sure, but like I said they look exactly the same.
                              Last edited by bowaddict40; 03-31-2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

HikVision makes the Asps, Taipans and Rattlers that AGM is selling and AGM has an exclusive contract to sell them in the US. Anyone else selling those same thermal devices in the US is doing it via the "gray market" and they probably haven't even been legally imported and the tariffs paid. There will be no warranty or support provided by anyone on those items since they aren't even supposed to be sold in the US, except by AGM.

Also as Bowaddict noted, you're probably seeing them for sale in Europe and not looking at US dollar pricing.

I hope that info helps.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X