Tangerine tree fertilizer question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tangerine tree fertilizer question.

We have bought a place in the country and in 2019 we had amazing and bountiful fruits. But 2020 not one bloom nor one fruit. What do I need to be doing to make sure we get fruit this year.

keep it warm this week!

Comment

Pretty normal after a bumper crop to have an off year. Not sure where your at but drought conditions can do the same.

Comment

Brazoria county.

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
        Pretty normal after a bumper crop to have an off year. Not sure where your at but drought conditions can do the same.
        We are in Brazoria county and yeah last summer was tough but it is planted right beside a stock tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
          We are in Brazoria county and yeah last summer was tough but it is planted right beside a stock tank.
          I am in Brazoria county too.The freeze we had late in the winter set me back by more than a month and most of my citrus was later maturing and due to the low rainfall, of lesser quality than normal. Looks like we may get a freeze again later this week and I'm keepin my fingers crossed. My trees are in bloom right now.

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
            I am in Brazoria county too.The freeze we had late in the winter set me back by more than a month and most of my citrus was later maturing and due to the low rainfall, of lesser quality than normal. Looks like we may get a freeze again later this week and I'm keepin my fingers crossed. My trees are in bloom right now.
            Mine are not we still have hanging fruit we are enjoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
              This^^^

I had an orange tree at my last house and one year it would have 150 oranges and the next year literally none.

Comment

guy's you can get some answers here PanzarellaCitrus@gmail.com HE IS A WELL KNOWN CITRUS PERSON holds seminars at nursery's lives in Lake Jackson Tx.

Comment

Is it a young tree? Citrus Tree's are notorious for uneven fruiting seasons for the first 5 years the tree is transplanted. Also Citrus trees require ALOT of nitrogen rich fertilizer and regular watering. I do simply organic gardening and feed nitrogen rich fertilizer in the form of Fish Emulsion and blood meal. I also do a slow release granular fertilizer for all citrus trees once a quarter. I've had my orange and lemon tree in ground for 7 years and have only begun to have regular dependable fruiting 2 years ago. It depends on the winter, pollinators, watering and fertilizing. After all that, don't be surprised if you see a lot of flowers drop off. The tree knows what it can handle and wont produce past its limit.

Comment

I’m not sure as to it’s age. I would guess over 5. But the nitrogen tip is money I will get on that right away.

Comment

Thx

Originally posted by MR. L. View Post
                      guy's you can get some answers here PanzarellaCitrus@gmail.com HE IS A WELL KNOWN CITRUS PERSON holds seminars at nursery's lives in Lake Jackson Tx.
                      Thank you I sent an email.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1346.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	24644422

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
                          Mine are not we still have hanging fruit we are enjoying.
                          My orange trees are still half full of fruit but have started putting on blooms as have all my trees.

And to second Mr Panzarella, I have bought a few of my latest trees from him. Good fella with lots of tree growing knowledge.

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by Mr Sid View Post
                            [ATTACH]1040035[/ATTACH]
                            That’s some good info.

that is some good information.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sid View Post
                              [ATTACH]1040035[/ATTACH]

Saved! Thank you