No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a hog Saturday night. Gun was shooting to the right the last time I shot it but I was so close to this one it didnt shoot very far to the right which resulted in a shot a little back. I should have just put another one in him when he was fluttering on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Get a lighter trigger and you won’t jerk it as bad.
      Has a 3lb velocity trigger in it already. Not sure what you think your seeing where I am jerking it. Was shooting off a cheap pair of Cabela's shooting sticks. Not a clamp on style tripod so recoil is still noticable in the video. And on second group was basically free hand with elbow rested on the high seat only for a rest. Probably what you were seeing.
      Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
      Can you give us some idea of the ranges? Seemed like you were aiming high on some shots, but not sure. Why wait until June, there's plenty more out there.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk
      Last group was probably 50 ish yds I would guess. First group we should have waited and let them get way closer but was first group and we were itching to shoot lol they were probably 100 ish starting out and getting further out as they ran. 2nd group was probably 100 ish as well going further as they got out. I suck at ranging with a thermal though so these are swags. That last group was close though I do know that and it sure helps get them killed when you are closer.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

A few videos from the past year. I finally got a video editing software so I am now able to remove the un needed footage.

This video is from an Axion XM30 and does not show its true image quality. This hunt happened quick and I was working the call so I didn't have the objective lense focused and I couldn't tell you the last time I NUC'd it.

Hog hunt. Shot it with a Ruger 204 32 grain. Shot placement is everything.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg4LwU9jVg4"]Sightmark Wraith 2X - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Looking at buying the super Hogster. Was looking at outdoor legacy website and shows out of stock. Also saw where there was a back order spot for $100. So my question is do I select the $100 option to get on back order list. I’m assuming that the $100 is a deposit that will go towards the price of scope once it comes in. Guess I could just wait to give them a call Monday. Also does anyone one know how long the wait is on back order.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
              Looking at buying the super Hogster. Was looking at outdoor legacy website and shows out of stock. Also saw where there was a back order spot for $100. So my question is do I select the $100 option to get on back order list. I’m assuming that the $100 is a deposit that will go towards the price of scope once it comes in. Guess I could just wait to give them a call Monday. Also does anyone one know how long the wait is on back order.

I'm under the same assumption as I paid for the $100 backorder for a thermion yesterday.

Comment

$100 is a deposit that gets you on the waiting list. You can call them and they’ll give you an idea of their best guess of how long the wait will be. Im not sure about the Super Hogster but they were guessing 12 weeks on the Thermion XQ38 and a little less on the XQ50 not to long ago but if you call or email, they’ll give you a real estimate.

Comment

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got me a Pulsar Trail XP50LRF! Freaking pumped about it too haha.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Got me a Pulsar Trail XP50LRF! Freaking pumped about it too haha.
                      I think you will be very happy with that scope. I love my Thermion XP50 and it shares all the same guts as a Trail. The picture quality is amazing.

Comment

Anyone have the skinny on the new thing Plusar is about to drop??

Jason???[emoji6][emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                          Hey guys, thank you SO much for all the referrals and shout outs! It really means a lot. I'm sorry I haven't been as active recently over here in this thread but we've had our busiest month....3 months....heck the busiest year (lol) and I've just been trying to keep my head above water. Heck even the hogs think I'm not as mad at them as I used to be but I'm still killing enough to let them know I haven't forgotten about them!

Jason
                          I had to spend almost all of my funds on another project, but as soon as I have a little more saved up (even as a down payment) I'm calling you

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                            Hey guys, thank you SO much for all the referrals and shout outs! It really means a lot. I'm sorry I haven't been as active recently over here in this thread but we've had our busiest month....3 months....heck the busiest year (lol) and I've just been trying to keep my head above water. Heck even the hogs think I'm not as mad at them as I used to be but I'm still killing enough to let them know I haven't forgotten about them!

Jason
                            I just put a deposit on Super Hogster this morning. I will try and get in touch with you soon with some questions. Sounds like your phones are down at the moment due to snow. Look forward to talking with you in next day or two.

Comment

I just put a deposit on Super Hogster this morning. I will try and get in touch with you soon with some questions. Sounds like your phones are down at the moment due to snow. Look forward to talking with you in next day or two.

What made you choose the super over the 35 r? I’m kinda on the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_IV View Post
                                Anyone have the skinny on the new thing Plusar is about to drop??

Jason???[emoji6][emoji6]
                                Aren't we still waiting on things Pulsar dropped last year to be readily available?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X