Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil and Gas Guys and Gals

All,

With OPEC and Russia messing with oil prices, how is that affecting you here in Texas? Has anyone gotten a layoff notice yet? Any news on a deal being made?

My wife said all hiring at Schlum has been frozen, and I saw this morning Halliburton furloughed 3,500 personnel. I am sure there are more out there, but just haven't heard anything in the news.

You guys are about to be hit hard with zero focus from the news on this issue. When O&G goes, Houston is going to be hit hard.

Headcount was frozen where I work months ago (TechnipFMC) but I assume with the recent drop in oil price and market that there will be more pain to come in near future. I think the surface guys will be more affected then the Subsea guys.

Comment

Thanks! I searched for this one and it didn't come up, figured it got axed somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by witotx View Post
        thanks! I searched for this one and it didn't come up, figured it got axed somewhere along the way.
        10-4

Comment

It’s going to get ugly. A lot of Q1 reports will be coming out in the next few weeks, and that IMO will likely lead to a lot of big changes for most everyone. Just have to keep your head down and keep grinding. “This too shall pass.”

Comment

Don't know all the particulars just yet, friend of mine works for Diamondback services, the lay flat and related fracking services took a big hit Monday.

Comment

It’s gonna get bad. I bought diesel for $2.01 a gallon yesterday. While that’s good for my pocket I realize it’s not good for you oilfield guys.

Comment

I work in NG. It’s been in the toilet for the last 5+ years. Nothing has changed for us.

Comment

$23 a barrel is bad for everyone

Comment

We just had another round of layoffs on Monday. Not too many of us left

Comment

I haven’t worked since February.

I work offshore doing construction and decommissioning projects. It’s always slow over the winter, but should pick up in March or April..... but now everyone has pushed projects back indefinitely.

Not only am I not getting a paycheck, I have to write a check to my company to cover my insurance payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not long after I hired into a machine shop for the first time in 1992, the old guys told me to work all I could when I can, stack the money away and dont get into debt. Because the crash is coming. It always is. Been through a few since then, including Macondo when Obama shut down offshore.

Im a pessimist, by nature or experience, I dont know, but this looks like its going to be the worst since the 80s. Many companies have been running on debt for a long time, making very little money, or losing it slowly. Now this crash will finish them. We have been so low for so long everyone is already tapped out. If it doesnt change soon this one will be catastrophic.

Comment

Big layoffs all around. Rigs being laid down and drill programs changed to ensure lease holdings rather than true production. Things are bad and going to get worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My design group got sent home Monday evening, and we were told to plan on being out the rest of the week. I'm not gonna be surprised if I/we get layoff notification on Monday. This ain't my first rodeo. Hoping for the best, whatever that might be right now, but expecting the worst.

Comment

Working...
                            X