Fishing near Palacios tx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing near Palacios tx?

I recently took a job in el campo and determined palacios is close enough for some evening fishing trips. Is there any places worth fishing there that dont require a boat?

Yes there is a public pier and areas to wade fish right there on Tres Palacios bay.

Comment

All along the bay front off the piers can be great at times. Just bounce around from pier to pier till you find them.

Comment

I've got an acre on the Tres Palacios river. Feel free to bring a machete and clear from the river bank half way up to the road. Survey just finished marking the boundaries. Let me know how you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
          I've got an acre on the Tres Palacios river. Feel free to bring a machete and clear from the river bank half way up to the road. Survey just finished marking the boundaries. Let me know how you do.
          Depending on where it's at on the river, it's also flooded right now. Hell I'll take the tractor down there and do some clearing if it's in the right spot for winter fishing.

Comment

you can PM me the GPS Coordinates, Phillip and I will take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Depending on where it's at on the river, it's also flooded right now. Hell I'll take the tractor down there and do some clearing if it's in the right spot for winter fishing.
              The property is a few miles SE of Blessing off 2853. We put the project in park after Harvey and a little health scare. But we have rebounded from both and will be clearing it up for wknd get aways. Its raw land. Nothing fancy. But really looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              you can PM me the GPS Coordinates, Phillip and I will take care of it.
              Nah. I'll blind fold you, stuff you in the trunk there and back. You Portericans can't be trusted.

Comment

The property is a few miles SE of Blessing off 2853. We put the project in park after Harvey and a little health scare. But we have rebounded from both and will be clearing it up for wknd get aways. Its raw land. Nothing fancy. But really looking forward to it.

Nah. I'll blind fold you, stuff you in the trunk there and back. You Portericans can't be trusted.

You can trust me, you have met my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. I’m from that area originally. My sister has a house on the river probably close to where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    You can trust me, you have met my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can trust Erin not Justin..

Comment

I'd get put in a trunk and blind folded for a good fishing spot. No problem.

Comment

If you don't have a boat summer time fishing is tough in Palacios. I live in El Campo so I unload in Palacios quite a bit.

The winter time is great for fishing the bay front. It's mostly shell and hard sand and you can snag a limit of trout pretty fast there on good days just fishing lures.

Best wade fishing between the Baptist Encampment pier west to the public boat ramp. Again, winter is best since the rest of the year the south and southeast winds blow up against the seawall.

You can catch drum and reds off of the lighted piers at night and sometimes trout as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                          If you don't have a boat summer time fishing is tough in Palacios. I live in El Campo so I unload in Palacios quite a bit.

The winter time is great for fishing the bay front. It's mostly shell and hard sand and you can snag a limit of trout pretty fast there on good days just fishing lures.

Best wade fishing between the Baptist Encampment pier west to the public boat ramp. Again, winter is best since the rest of the year the south and southeast winds blow up against the seawall.

You can catch drum and reds off of the lighted piers at night and sometimes trout as well.
                          ^^^This^^^

I've caught some nice trout under the lights there occasionally. Catch a lot of flounder along the seawall at times too.

Oyster Lake is a great spot also...just across the river. Long drive down a gravel road to get there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                            ^^^This^^^

I've caught some nice trout under the lights there occasionally. Catch a lot of flounder along the seawall at times too.

Oyster Lake is a great spot also...just across the river. Long drive down a gravel road to get there though.
                            Haven’t been down there in a few years, outgoing tide on the bay side used to be **** near guaranteed limits if the water had some clarity.

Comment

Wade from Jenson Point.

Comment

Working...
                              X