Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skelsey View Post
    Goodman all aluminum

I’m a a supplier for Goodman. They are not all aluminum. They are galvanized coated steel.

I would definitely go with Trane or Lennox though after seeing how they are made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you get aluminum coils. This new stuff eats up copper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Today there are many brands on the market. It makes sense to study them because many young companies accounted for decent competition with prominent brands. Indeed, no matter what manufacturer you choose, the main thing is that you correctly installed the equipment. It is initial to read more reviews and select a reputable company. In addition, I would recommend finding a good provider for servicing the air conditioning system. Who will explain to you all the nuances and what additional features you need, such as aircon gas top up price, to save on your system.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
          Over 27 years experience with residential flood repairs, remodeling, and new construction (mass production and custom). All at the same time. 27 professional years of each. $200k-1.5mil price points.

#1 How long are you going to keep the house?

#2 What is your lifestyle? 78, 76, 72 degrees or even cooler? Days and nights.

#3 As others have stated, the installer is equally or more important as the brand & model. I've built some very tight houses at $200k with base level components.

Consider that nearly all houses are concrete, lumber, and masonry; What makes one better constructed than the other? Good Supervision.
          So if I'm looking to upgrade what should I get. Brand, seer rating, etc.

House 3900 sqft. 2013 construction with foam. Its tight. Like to keep the whole house 72-74 during the day. Like to keep our room 64-66 at night. Probably won't be living here in 8-10 yrs.

What's my best bag for the buck? I think currently we have 5 tons for most of house and 2-3 tons for mater bed/bath/closet/dressing area.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

We put in a 4 ton American Standard (Trane) two years ago this month. It is the noisiest ever. Sounds like a jet taking off and landing. Seven trips for the HVAC guys out here to get it right. Two internal drip trays and a new air handler coil later, we finally have all but the noise taken care of. We turned the fan to the lowest setting and changed to soft duct work to try to get rid of the whine. That was marginally successful.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
              We put in a 4 ton American Standard (Trane) two years ago this month. It is the noisiest ever. Sounds like a jet taking off and landing. Seven trips for the HVAC guys out here to get it right. Two internal drip trays and a new air handler coil later, we finally have all but the noise taken care of. We turned the fan to the lowest setting and changed to soft duct work to try to get rid of the whine. That was marginally successful.

I've worked on thousands of units over the last 28 years and to be honest, Trane and the older goodman units (before Daiken bought them) make up for probably 70% of all my service calls.

Comment

Ron aka Airehead just recently replaced my parent’s system with a York. They are very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  Ron aka Airehead just recently replaced my parent’s system with a York. They are very happy with it.
                  Same.. had it for 2 years now. Just works.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                    Same.. had it for 2 years now. Just works.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Thanks Aaron and Matt
                    I appreciate the kind words in my opinion York has the better factory warranty for 10 years parts and labor it is backed by York not a third-party insurance policy York pays me mileage and time and parts as a homeowner you don’t come out of pocket for anything I have been a Lennox dealer a TRANE dealer a RUUD REEM dealer over the last 35+ years they all make good equipment however, I like the York warranty the best!!
                    It all comes down to the installation as to the length of trouble free service you will receive!!

Thank you,
                    Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      I'm glad some folks have had a good Trane Unit.

I'm on my fifth coil in 9 years. They just keep springing leaks. If you install a Trane be sure and purchase the extended parts and labor warranty.

Last one installed in March was over $2600.
                      Froggy, I feel your pain and based on my research, a lot of others do too. I just had to have my Eval Coil replaced yesterday on a 3 year old TRANE unit at the reduced cost of $953.00... If I had known about the extended warranty I would have gotten it. I mean, they are built in CHINA so that tells you about how much they care about their quality control. I'm really ****** off right now considering the new system cost over $10,000.00

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                        I've worked on thousands of units over the last 28 years and to be honest, Trane and the older goodman units (before Daiken bought them) make up for probably 70% of all my service calls.
                        I'll never own a TRANE system again. JUNK.

Comment

All we install in our houses are Trane or Daiken variable speed units. The Trane XV18 or the Daiken DX7TC or better. Not a thought of ever switching brands or installers.

I have 2 DX20VC units on my own home and can't imagine living with anything lesser after the experience over the last 5+ years.

The installer makes all the difference and possibly have been part of the issue with those that had repeat issues.

Comment

I have a Daiken. So far so good.

Comment

We have campion. Only one problem when we first move in.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Comment

Biggest problem lately has been that Copeland the compressor manufacturer and gold standard in the industry has been backed up and about six months behind production. Many companies switching over to LG brand compressors which have aluminum motor windings! Well the one I took apart anyway. Nothing is what it used to be. Motors, contactors and capacitors mostly all made in China. Sad thing is I'm not sure American made will ever be what it used to be especially with the new woke work force....Buy from a good company that does good installations and will stand behind their work.

Comment

Working...
                                X