Remington Sendero 300 RUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington Sendero 300 RUM

Looking to see what folks are using for hunting rounds. I don’t reload but should get all the equipment/load data the gentleman was using on this rifle. There were a few hand loads with the gun but no clue what they are. Sucker is heavy but my 22-250 SFII has a big brother now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Saltwaterag View Post
    Looking to see what folks are using for hunting rounds. I don’t reload but should get all the equipment/load data the gentleman was using on this rifle. There were a few hand loads with the gun but no clue what they are. Sucker is heavy but my 22-250 SFII has a big brother now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reload data

210gr Berger factory

Caliber: .300 RUM Ammo
    Bullet Weight (grains): 210
    Bullet Style: VLD
    Muzzle Velocity (f.p.s.): 2,935
    Muzzle Energy (ft.-lbs.): 4,018
    Rounds: 20

Comment

I've loaded quite a few 300RUM for friends to take to Africa for plains game. Barnes 185gr TSX is all they ever used in 2 trips and over 30 animals. Report I got was only one animal, a Zebra that spun around on it's back legs a few times, ever took another step after the hit. These guys were trophy hunting and all shots were thru the shoulders. Their PH actually requested them to use this bullet if they were shooting .30cal.
      Personally I think Nosler Accubonds would have done as good but these African animals have a tenacity for life like no other animals on earth.
      For any north American animal, any bonded core bullet 165gr and up will do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        I've loaded quite a few 300RUM for friends to take to Africa for plains game. Barnes 185gr TSX is all they ever used in 2 trips and over 30 animals. Report I got was only one animal, a Zebra that spun around on it's back legs a few times, ever took another step after the hit. These guys were trophy hunting and all shots were thru the shoulders. Their PH actually requested them to use this bullet if they were shooting .30cal.
        Personally I think Nosler Accubonds would have done as good but these African animals have a tenacity for life like no other animals on earth.
        For any north American animal, any bonded core bullet 165gr and up will do the job.
        I'd echo muzzlebrake's advice. I'd choose a 165 or heavier Barnes TTSX or a 180 or 200 Accubond. Stay far away from traditional cup and core bullets.

Comment

No help on reloading suggestions.

But ouch, that hurts just thinking about it.
          Had a Sendero in 7 Rum and that thing rattled the snot out of me.

Comment

Would be nice to find a Sendero in a 300 RUM. Should be one hell of critter killer.

Comment

180 Nosler Accubonds, shoot the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo. It shoots well in my Sendero.

Comment

Working...
              X