Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible lease near Segovia Texas, need feedback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible lease near Segovia Texas, need feedback.

Looks like we are loosing our Rocksprings lease this next season so we are headed to look at new place near Segovia, Texas. Its called the Clay Ranch and owned / run by Dewaine Clay. I know it has been listed on here before just wondering if anyone has any honest feedback on the ranch or owner. If you don't want to share publicly, please send me a PM.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rex; 04-16-2021, 09:23 PM.

There are some axis in that area. If you have some live water or flats, that lease might have axis.

Comment

The ranch is probably in cwd zone, depending on how close to Segovia. All that means is you will have to check your deer at the check station and not remove any spinal tissue from the ranch except the head.

Comment

Checked it out today. Landowner seemed cool and saw a few critters. On the upper end of our price range. So not knowing the history of the ranch it’s a tough decision. We feed like someone else is paying for it so we just want the right place. LO claims oil company leased it and they had to give it up. Just hard to trust anyone that is trying to sell me something. Anyone hunt this area? It’s almost right off I-10 to the north just a mile from town.

Comment

I had a lease in Segovia in 2015. Was a great place. Had tons of deer and pigs plus some exotics. Sika and axis always AC it’s the fence on neighbors side haha. It was super cheap but LOs kids wanted the place back after we cleaned it up.

Comment

Sent you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
              Checked it out today. Landowner seemed cool and saw a few critters. On the upper end of our price range. So not knowing the history of the ranch it’s a tough decision. We feed like someone else is paying for it so we just want the right place. LO claims oil company leased it and they had to give it up. Just hard to trust anyone that is trying to sell me something. Anyone hunt this area? It’s almost right off I-10 to the north just a mile from town.
              ask for pictures of the bucks shot in the past 3-4 years. If he will not or cannot produce those move on - on the other hand if he produces some nice deer then it could be good -

any lease that has good deer will have pictures and gladly share them

Comment

We went and checked it out. Its a really nice place with good ammenities. It has been up for lease for several months and listed on several sites including this one. Apparently / Alledgedly an oil company leased it and they went under and gave it up? CWD area confirmed. Price is a bit on the upper end of my range considering no guests and 3 deer only. I passed but my buddies are all in. So the hunt continues....

Comment

Working...
                X