X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sick....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man, like others mentioned, lots of black tails (trout) it seems... That is sickening! Looked to be all sizes too... Pringle is an isolated large shallow lake, but there are lots of back lakes just like that all up and down the coast... Some have easy access to deep water close by. Others don't. When we started watching this and talking about it, Pringle was the first place I thought about. I'd have thought (and others have written about it) that the prolonged cold spell would have driven the fish out of places like Pringle and into deeper water... Pringle is not a long way from significant deep water, but has limited passes out of it... Just a dang shame!!

Comment

My buddy down in Corpus told me they have a big fish kill. As bad as ‘83.

Comment

I have a buddy in Sargent and he says he hasn't seen anything yet, but knows that it's coming.

Comment

Got a report from Baffin. From pensecale across to tide gage and down thru the meadows. Lots of dead sand trout and croakers. One dead trout and one stunned 33" red. Live fish under the boat in 8 ft of water. Water temp 38 to 43.
            Last edited by Walker; 02-16-2021, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Ugh, gunna stink to high heaven when the temps warm back up.

Comment

Seems the upper coast is fairing better so far. Definitely not a great sight... ugh..

Comment

Very sad to see. Mansfield is being hit hard as well. Just like 83 and 89 there will be hundreds of guides that will have to find something else to do. We were having a great winter down south prior to this. I pray it’s not as bad as it seems.

Comment

That hurt to watch

Comment

Comment

Oh man.

Comment

In the future going to take a mass buy in for everyone that fishes down here to understand our resources are not infinite, keep a few for supper but cut most loose. Hopefully a wake up call for all the “they didn’t leave me no Buffalo” types.

Comment

Sad to see...

Comment

Looks like the trout got hit hard, that's not good.

Comment

Sick to my stomach. Figured it was gonna be bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X