Switching from 340 shafts to 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from 340 shafts to 300

Day six just look tough as nails. Thick walled. The GPI is up there and I’m ok with that. Still leaning towards the Axis 5mm. I’m pretty happy in the plus 500 range with a little more junk up front.
    Last edited by Stoof; 10-20-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      Day six just look tough as nails. Thick walled. The GPI is up there and I’m ok with that. Still leaning towards the Axis 5mm. I’m pretty happy in the plus 500 range with a little more junk up front.
      I've ran some 550 grain axis through big pigs and haven't broke one yet.. they are tough as nails . I have a couple dozen in my shop but prefer to be in the 450 range for these jumpy hill country deer.. I shot a doe this evening at 25 yards. Shot bottom of the heart and ended up cutting her spine completely in half she dropped so far. She had no idea I was in the blind and was calm before the shot.

I smashed 6 inches of a black eagle rampage on a hogs leg yesterday right at daylight. His leg was back and I couldn't tell because it was still pretty dark . Black hog hard to see the leg with the sun rising in your face. I found pieces of bone on the blood trail.. higher gpi is definitely the way to go . You can't kill em if the arrow fails..
      Last edited by jds247; 10-20-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X