Guess what??? A bow huntin thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what??? A bow huntin thread!

Gettin the new (to me) Obsession FX6 dialed in! Headed to Botswana in July!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210517_150100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	25250334

Zebra, wildebeest, blesbok, gemsbok, waterbuck on the kill list. Maybe sumpthin else theres enuff time, money and luck! Also doing at least one night of predator huntin with a call. Gonna be epic!

Looks good to me. I was supposed to go in august. Not sure if it’s still happening

What broadhead/arrow setup you going to use?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      Looks good to me. I was supposed to go in august. Not sure if it’s still happening

What broadhead/arrow setup you going to use?
      Axis FMJ 5mm 340 spine, 75 grain inserts, 150 grain slick trick broadhead. 570 grains, total weight. I know folks are sayin go to a single bevel 2 blade broad head. But, I’ve had really good luck with slick tricks. Complete pass thrus on wildebeest and kudu with slick tricks. Hard to change!

Comment

Don’t blame you. That’s plenty of weight behind it. At the end of the day, it’s whatever you have confidence in

Comment

Don’t blame you. That’s plenty of weight behind it. At the end of the day, it’s whatever you have confidence in
          Dats a fact, jack!

Comment

Are those standard slick trick or magnum? Goin in august and still trying several broadheads

Comment

Originally posted by bigskinny View Post
              Are those standard slick trick or magnum? Goin in august and still trying several broadheads
              I shoot the 150 grain slick trick crossbow broadheads. Not sure why they are “crossbow” broadheads, but they seem to work pretty good shot outta my compound!

Comment

Comment

Confidence and Shot placement [emoji845]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for you. Keep us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                      Good for you. Keep us updated.
                      10 4.

That’s a big ol buck in your avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                        Axis FMJ 5mm 340 spine, 75 grain inserts, 150 grain slick trick broadhead. 570 grains, total weight. I know folks are sayin go to a single bevel 2 blade broad head. But, I’ve had really good luck with slick tricks. Complete pass thrus on wildebeest and kudu with slick tricks. Hard to change!
                        Sounds like a stud setup. I look forward to the story and the LDPs.
                        Good luck Skeeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Sounds like a stud setup. I look forward to the story and the LDPs.
                          Good luck Skeeter.
                          Thx!

Comment

What draw length and weight are you shooting. I had to go to the 300 spine axis with only 75 grain insert and 125 heads. Shooting 60 lbs with 29 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                              What draw length and weight are you shooting. I had to go to the 300 spine axis with only 75 grain insert and 125 heads. Shooting 60 lbs with 29 inches.
                              65#, 27.5” draw length.

Comment

Working...
                              X