So you want a 50 Cal HUH? Unbelievable video...THIS GUY SHOULD BE DEAD 😳😳

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
    A guy offered to sell me one of those guns on here !
    I passed cause I like guns not pipes with triggers on them.
    Yep. I was looking at that gun, when he was showing the pieces, after the big bang. All I can say, is I would not shoot it, even if I had not seen that video. That barrel should have a lot more threads on the rear end and that cap should be deeper, basically there's not enough threads on there for me to pull the trigger on that thing, definitely not, knowing it is going to set off a 50 BMG. F that. Then the receiver, only has two thing tangs behind that cap, yep not me. If I designed a 50 caliber zip gun, that thing would have a much beefier receiver, with a solid thick piece of metal directly behind the barrel cap. So in the case, that the cap does blow off the end of the gun, it's not going to come straight back at my face. It should get deflected upwards.

I have shot old 30-06 ammo military surplus ammo from either WW I or WW II, pretty sure it was from the 1940s. There was some armor piercing ammo in the box that the ammo came in. It was just old loose ammo in a cardboard box. That stuff was loaded hot, had some pretty stout recoil for a 30-06.

I am glad the guy survived, and seems like he is going to recover. Good thing for him he was wearing safety glasses, something I have never done. I would never have shot that rifle, but I have fired old military ammo, out of a old military rifle. I can tell you I was quite nervous about doing so.

Comment

Good grief, that man is blessed beyond all belief to be alive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang! I always wanted a 50cal....I’ll just stick with Rimfire calibers now

Glad he made it.

Comment

Oh wow. God still has plans for him

Comment

The SLAP round he mentions blowing up in the gun is meant for an M2 machine gun not shoulder fired rifle. They’re meant to punch through light armor and be an anti-material round. They only come linked and if you buy one individually it has been delinked from a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
              The SLAP round he mentions blowing up in the gun is meant for an M2 machine gun not shoulder fired rifle. They’re meant to punch through light armor and be an anti-material round. They only come linked and if you buy one individually it has been delinked from a belt.
              I wondered what a SLAP round was? Other than you pull the trigger and you get SLAPped!

Comment

I saw that pop up on my YT feed this week but didn't watch it. Crazy.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                X