X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the athletic director is important.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic watching all the new recruits signing and the former players coming back around. Good to see all the interest and excitement in the program again.

Tom Herman must have been a real ***hole. Crazy how everything is coming out about what a ***** he was behind the scenes. The dude was a helluva salesman....selling a a hardass way without results. He definitely conned me...

Last edited by Smart; 04-27-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        So the athletic director is important.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Yes, but more so the alignment from the Board to the President and making sure all of those guys are on the same page. It was a good day when Greg Fenves (former President) left to take a job at Emory and allowed Jay Hartzell to slide into that roll. It appears this group is committed to winning and that means investing the resources they need to get the job done. Texas has the muscles, they need to start flexing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Another LB added, Ben Davis officially in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          "I'm going to take my talent and my Dodge Charger to the University of Texas.”

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            I could not get away on Saturday for the A&M spring game. I have not read or seen many comments on it? I was really about hanging out with the Chancellors Century Club folks but it would have been nice to see what the squad was looking like......especially the front 7.
            Cliff notes from a friend:
            - the defense is going to be really really good.
            - CB depth should not be an issue.
            - the OL was missing a few key contributors and has some work to do.
            - both QB's played fairly well. Not much separation between King and Calzada but King has the element of escape with his legs. He is likely going to win starting job according to insiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
              - both QB's played fairly well. Not much separation between King and Calzada but King has the element of escape with his legs. He is likely going to win starting job according to insiders.
              I watched most of the replay last night. Hard to get a read since as many as 15 on the projected two deep were out for various reasons.

The OL looked bad, but it was a patchwork unit, at best, with EE starting center and I guess only 9 healthy guys available to work two teams, as well as most of the TEs being out. Add to that going against a pretty salty defensive front 7 (even with Clemmons and Leal out) and they definitely need some work.

Poor OL play essentially made everything else look somewhat sloppy. It was probably hard to judge the QBs because of that, as well as a ton of dropped balls by receivers. Both QB's made some impressive throws. Both made a couple of bad decisions. Calzada looked good, but made some really bad throws in the red zone on one of the series with the 1s. I don't know if they were intentional throw-aways or if the ball just sailed on him a couple of times. Each fumbled RPO exchanges and threw picks.

D looked solid, front and back end.

The highlight of the day was probably the kicker that booted a 51 yarder for the white team (with 10 yards to spare) and then was called on to kick a 55 yarder for the Maroon team in a situational setting. Both right down the middle...but then clanked a 30 yarder in off the upright.

There's a LOT to work on before the fall.
              Last edited by Michael; 04-27-2021, 09:18 AM.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Thx sir!!![emoji106] I saw some of the replay last night.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  I watched most of the replay last night. Hard to get a read since as many as 15 on the projected two deep were out for various reasons.

The OL looked bad, but it was a patchwork unit, at best, with EE starting center and I guess only 9 healthy guys available to work two teams, as well as most of the TEs being out. Add to that going against a pretty salty defensive front 7 (even with Clemmons and Leal out) and they definitely need some work.

Poor OL play essentially made everything else look somewhat sloppy. It was probably hard to judge the QBs because of that, as well as a ton of dropped balls by receivers. Both QB's made some impressive throws. Both made a couple of bad decisions. Calzada looked good, but made some really bad throws in the red zone on one of the series with the 1s. I don't know if they were intentional throw-aways or if the ball just sailed on him a couple of times. Each fumbled RPO exchanges and threw picks.

D looked solid, front and back end.

The highlight of the day was probably the kicker that booted a 51 yarder for the white team (with 10 yards to spare) and then was called on to kick a 55 yarder for the Maroon team in a situational setting. Both right down the middle...but then clanked a 30 yarder in off the upright.

There's a LOT to work on before the fall.
                  Your last sentence is kinda what I am gathering also.[emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thankfully we have a soft schedule with Kent State, Colorado, and. New Mexico the first few weeks to get the OL and QB settled. I truly believe the defense will give us a chance to win every game on the schedule except for maybe one team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      It seems that Texas is finally taking advantage of all the resources they have available to them. As an athletic department they are getting back to being a major player across the board like they have been. New facilities, new coaches with unlimited budgets, alignment from the Board to the President to the AD all with common goals. I’m as excited as I have been in 10 years with what’s going on.
                      They are certainly utilizing the construction hard hat once again!!

Comment

My opinion Calzada looked the best he was with the twos most of the day Against the 1s On D. If the D is as good as we think then he did a pretty good job against them . I would of liked to have seen King against the 1s .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          Sleeping in meetings and in the film room rumored has it .

And he’s overweight and not working on it. Rumor is he’s nearing 250 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=jay07ag;15590959]And he’s overweight and not working on it. Rumor is he’s nearing 250 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I don't think hes gonna be a WR personally

Comment

[quote=eradicator;15591010]
                              Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                              And he’s overweight and not working on it. Rumor is he’s nearing 250 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I don't think hes gonna be a WR personally
                              Not if he ends up at TCU or Texas.

Comment

[quote=El General;15591014]
                                Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Not if he ends up at TCU or Texas.
                                Or anywhere

Comment

Working...
                                X