Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aerobic septic system in temps this cold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerobic septic system in temps this cold?

I already turned off the pump since the lines are frozen out to the sprinkler heads. Any thing else I need to do maintenance-wise during this deep freeze?

Tagged.

Comment

Wish I knew. Also wish I knew if I should turn my pump off and how. Earlier I had one sprinkler spraying.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Following.

Comment

My septic guy says to keep it on since the overflow tank is warmer water and "should" power through the sprinklers. Idk....so far so good but we will see [emoji2955]

Comment

glad you asked. I just went out and ran my pump manually, and both heads sprayed fine. I guess I will keep doing that until they quit spraying then Ill turn the pump off.

Comment

Leaving mine on for now hoping for the best. Hoping the sprinklers and lines are deep enough. All I can do is wait and listen for alarms.

Comment

Leaving your system on is ok, might go pull the can out of one of your sprinkler heads for a day or two.

Rwc

Comment

This is why I have two lines on my system. One goes to sprinkler heads and the other runs open ended straight to the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    This is why I have two lines on my system. One goes to sprinkler heads and the other runs open ended straight to the woods.
                    They told me they couldn’t do that? Didn’t want sprinklers in my yard

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      Some counties it won't pass inspection like that.

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post

So

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            My septic guy says to keep it on since the overflow tank is warmer water and "should" power through the sprinklers. Idk....so far so good but we will see [emoji2955]
                            Same hear. I may turn off compressor to aeration tank because moisture in pressure switch tube often freezes in extreme temps. The pump will still operate.

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
                              Same hear. I may turn off compressor to aeration tank because moisture in pressure switch tube often freezes in extreme temps. The pump will still operate.
                              All good so far David and no warning lights on.

Comment

Working...
                              X