Best MRE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best MRE?

What's the best MRE out there as far as taste, variety and shelf life?

cheese burger, or the ribs. they have changed since 2005, the new variety is amazing compared to what they were. They still smell the same though.

Comment

Peak Refuel
      Backpackers Pantry
      Next Miles Meals

Comment

Are you talking about the military issue MRE or are you talking about freeze dried backpacking type meals?

Comment

I didn't know that you could use the to words together.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

LRRP rations we got in Vietnam were pretty dang good as compared to C rations.

These 1960's era packs are hard to find.

Comment

mmmmm MCI C Ration Ham & Lima Beans !

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                Oh yeah! I liked them and would trade a can of ham and eggs scrambled for them every chance I got. Heat em up with a quarter size piece of C4 in bout a minute.

Comment

$16 per MRE on Amazon?! Holy crap. Anyone know where can I get a few for less than that? lol. Wonder if there’s anywhere in the Houston area that I could swing in.

Comment

Why would you buy an actual MRE?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      Nostalgia

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                        Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Oh yeah! I liked them and would trade a can of ham and eggs scrambled for them every chance I got. Heat em up with a quarter size piece of C4 in bout a minute.
                        Both y’all are sick. Those were the worst in the box. Only lifers liked the ham and eggs and Lima beans.
                        Pork and beans were the best and spaghetti and meatballs a close second and top that off with a pound cake. Then have a smoke with those dried out cigarettes that came with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          Both y’all are sick. Those were the worst in the box. Only lifers liked the ham and eggs and Lima beans.
                          Pork and beans were the best and spaghetti and meatballs a close second and top that off with a pound cake. Then have a smoke with those dried out cigarettes that came with them.
                          Not them ready made Kent cigs. We took all the tobacco out of them and filled em with the good stuff. At least that's the way it was done in 1968. So they tell me

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Not them ready made Kent cigs. We took all the tobacco out of them and filled em with the good stuff. At least that's the way it was done in 1968. So they tell me
                            Yeah I’m trying to remember but I was thinking there were Chesterfields, Lucky Strikes, Marlboro and Kools but memories ain’t that sharp anymore.

Btw, just so we don’t get chastised for derailment of this thread... all MRE’s are better than any C-rats we had back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              They weren't that bad. Some were good some weren't. The chili mac or the ham slice were good. The pork patty was terrible. Spaghetti wasn't bad but the little bit of tabasco that came in it made it pretty good.

Oh and I loved the dehydrated peaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X