No announcement yet.

Dried sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got some in the smoker with a fan blowing on then now. been in there 4 days so far....after 7 hours of smoke. I get home in a couple days and will try them then. 1st time try

Comment

might be a dumb A question, but when yall say hang for 14 days is this just outside in the smoke house with a fan?? what about bugs, fly's, ants, stray animals ect.. i have only made regular link sausage a few times so I'm no pro. but i would like more info on how yall hanging process.

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
        might be a dumb A question, but when yall say hang for 14 days is this just outside in the smoke house with a fan?? what about bugs, fly's, ants, stray animals ect.. i have only made regular link sausage a few times so I'm no pro. but i would like more info on how yall hanging process.
        That's what we are saying. I've left it in the smokehouse up to three weeks without issue.

Comment

Last year's run.Click image for larger version

Name:	20220219_173115.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	24704767

Comment

I could sure use some dried sausage right about now

Comment

Man’s my first batch and just got them out of the smoker where they have been sitting with a fan on them for 6-7 days ( I have to look at my calendar).
              Using the sausage recipe Michael posted several years ago they turned out great. Might buy some beef and make more……..or get one of these Axis in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks delicious! Some smoke cheese and crackers and you're set.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                  We make a lot of dried sausage and jerky every year. Nothing cooked in a smoker or dehydrated. Just lightly smoked in the smokehouse and left hanging til dry like your Grandpa did. Any basic recipe(salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, heat and cure) will work. The process is what makes or breaks it.
                  Looks delish!

Comment

Working...
                  X