Best Summer Sausage Kit for Venison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Summer Sausage Kit for Venison?

My wife, son and I have been very fortunate this year and each harvested a deer. I always process my own meat and have a grinder/sausage stuffer and an electric smoker.

I've never made Summer Sausage, but I'd like to give it a try this year. I'd like to start by using a seasoning kit, like something from Hi Mountain or one of the other companies. I am looking for recommendations on the best seasoning/cure kits for Summer Sausage. I'm open to any tips/tricks/advice as well.

We have been using stuff from these guys the past few years. It's pretty good. Really like the summer sausage. The snack sticks are really good too.

We offer sausage seasonings, casings, equipment, free sausage recipes and advice to the home processor, hunter and backyard chef.

Comment

I use the hi mountain kit but add pepper Jack cheese and red pepper flakes for a little kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never made any but watched this video yesterday and these guys really go into detail about the process. Check this out

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I use the hi mountain hunters blend. Add 1lb of fresh jalapeños and 1lb of high temp cheddar to a 15lb batch. Always comes out perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
              I've never made any but watched this video yesterday and these guys really go into detail about the process. Check this out

https://youtu.be/aLT3xCjnPZg
              This is great, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                We have been using stuff from these guys the past few years. It's pretty good. Really like the summer sausage. The snack sticks are really good too.

https://www.curleyssausagekitchen.com/
                They have quite a few flavors/varieties...I'll probably give this a try

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  I use the hi mountain hunters blend. Add 1lb of fresh jalapeños and 1lb of high temp cheddar to a 15lb batch. Always comes out perfect.

This is what I do too. Except that I use regular cheddar cheese and not the high temp. I buy the single package cheddar sticks. They are easy to cube. Turns out great. I used some cheddar mozzarella mix cheese sticks that we had at home. Turned out ok but the mozzarella had high water content. Still was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i have used LEM products summer sausage seasoning for years. I always get great comments when I serve it to folks. I just buy some of their hi-temp cheese to mix in and you have a great tasting snack.

Comment

Reo’s summer sausage is hard to beat. Fast shipping from their website as well.

Comment

I've used this for summer sausage and sticks for quite awhile and everbody seems to love it. You can get the mix and cheese from allied kenco off of airline and the peppers at walmart.

I also add either high temp cheddar or pepper jack cheese. I also use these jalapenos chopped up

Our Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeños—a hybrid of a jalapeño and a bell pepper— provide all the flavor and texture of a regular jalapeño but with less heat. Exclusive to Mezzetta, our Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeños are the perfect thing when you want the taste of jalapeño without knock-your-socks-off spiciness. Their crisp flavor and t

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                          My wife, son and I have been very fortunate this year and each harvested a deer. I always process my own meat and have a grinder/sausage stuffer and an electric smoker.

I've never made Summer Sausage, but I'd like to give it a try this year. I'd like to start by using a seasoning kit, like something from Hi Mountain or one of the other companies. I am looking for recommendations on the best seasoning/cure kits for Summer Sausage. I'm open to any tips/tricks/advice as well.
                          you are in Houston, go to Allied Kinco. They have everything and will get you sorted out with everything including step by step instructions.

We are a butcher supply house specializing in sausage and jerky making supplies and equipment. We also supply meat smoking and curing products, BBQ and outdoor cooking supplies, as well as food preservation supplies.

Comment

high mountain or zachs seasoning. add dried jalapenos and high temp jalapeno jack. we buy the smaller tubes from academy. the ones that come in the high mountain boxes are large and extend your smoke times

Comment

Working...
                            X