Trapping season 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping season 2021-2022

Hope you don't mind BT got a new thread going for this winter.

Dry dirt is put up and ready, we hope. Ordered a few new trap end of last year and they are died and waxed, ready for use.

Going to hit the coyotes hard before Nov, hoping for better fur, and bobcats later towards Mid to late Nov. into Feb or March.

Have a mt lion tag in my pocket just in case one moves back into the meadows.

Coons are pretty nice up here but not worth anything so we try to stay away from trapping them.

Been hearing our cat prices will be good this year, coyotes held pretty strong last year even with auction delays in Canada.

Sorry, that should say wax dirt is ready and we dye our traps not die them.

Comment

Still looking for a Fur buyer in the Wichita fall area!

Comment

I am about to get started making the rounds.

Comment

Nothing worse than making a really good set and catching a big boar coon in it.

Comment

Aw man, that's the worst. I had better luck putting my sets out in the open away from brush to keep the coons out. The closer you are to creeks, or any kind of water, coons are a problem.

Comment

We've caught a couple of big boars up here, they go to the tanner if we keep them.
              Thankfully they are not as active when it gets really cold up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                Nothing worse than making a really good set and catching a big boar coon in it.
                Nutria in an otter set or possum in a bobcat set are worse IMO. Boar coon will sure tear stuff up, but at least they're not 100% worthless.

Comment

LOL wytex, I only started the one last year because nobody else had

I like to broaden my knowledge by what others post

Comment

Cleared on the creek crossing culverts few days ago so the side by side and tractor can get through the willows easier and the spouse found 2 new bobcat scat plies on the crossing today.

Comment

Ordered some bobcat and coyote lure today, got a bottle of urine too.
                      Just need some bobcat urine and a few pigeons for bait and we're set.
                      Hunting season is always busy so I order early and we're ready when it gets cold.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                        Ordered some bobcat and coyote lure today, got a bottle of urine too.
                        Just need some bobcat urine and a few pigeons for bait and we're set.
                        Hunting season is always busy so I order early and we're ready when it gets cold.
                        Will be following this, good luck to you.

Comment

Following

Looking forward to following this thread.

Comment

Got a box of nice smelly stuff and a bottle of urine this week. One more order yet to come in.
                            Spouse's work schedule got changed this week so that throws a kink in our plan but we'll figure it out, vacation time for trapping I guess.

Comment

Man I am ready. Found a diamond this weekend in a pawn shop in Oklahoma yep on the wall where some old # 2 step in coil spring Montgomery in working condition yep 5 dollars a piece bought both to add to the collection.

Comment

Working...
                              X