DIY New Mexico Gila part 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys.. I know alot of you remember the hunt I did in 2017 where I killed literally a once in a lifetime DIY public land bull in the Gila the year my mom died.. Here is the thread.. It still gives me chills to read the in reach message to James saying "I killed a giant this morning." I remember barely even being able to txt that lol..

Here is a pic of my bull.

Well my Gila saga continues this year in such a strange way?? This is the first year since 2017 that I applied for NM.. On monday April 19 this year, my Nana passed away.. Two days before the New Mexico draw results were posted.. And you guessed it.. I drew the same exact horrible odds elk tag in the famous NM Gila that I did in 2017.. The weirdest thing about it is after she passed away there was no doubt in my mind I was going to have that tag this year.. It was weird.. Alot of the people on here that I have shot 3d with for a long time surely know my Nana. I 100% wouldn't be half the person I am today without her. She honestly was as influential in my life as my mom.

It is really weird. That said I know it is meant to be and I also know I am going to go do everything I can to kill another good bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss. Congratulations on the hunt.

Comment

Hate to hear about your Nana but congrats on the tag. She will be rooting for you. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Nana. Congrats on drawing a great tag! What unit did you draw? I have been hunting the Gila for a long time. If I can help any way please let me know.

Comment

Can’t wait to get the same inreach message. You got this

Comment

If you can get this done twice, you’ll add a notch to the legend status! Pulling for you JT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck buddy, I know you will be ready when the time comes. Sorry to hear about your loss as well.

Hard work sure makes one seem “lucky”, and you work hard at it. Best of luck and if I can do anything to help you out just give me a call.

Comment

Good luck Amigo

Comment

good luck! i drew the gila as well this year.

Comment

She made an impact on a others as well- mostly telling me to watch my language on speaker phone with her in the truck [emoji1787]. You got this. You are one of the few guys that just figures out a way to get it done when you get an opportunity.

Comment

Sorry about your Nana. Sounds like she was an amazing person.

Good luck on your hunt this year. Last one was pretty epic. Here is to hoping this one is better.

Comment

Congratulations on your tag. I look forward to seeing your hunt posts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to following along again. Sorry to hear about your loss. You don't need us to tell you that your Nana will be pulling for you!

Comment

Best of luck to ya. Not sure how you can top the last trip, but I hope you do.

Comment

Lightning strikes twice congrats on the tag. Sorry about your loss as well.

Going with the same outfitter again?

Comment

Working...
                              X