Had to put our Mastiff down .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to put our Mastiff down .

Well yesterday I had to have our almost 12 year old mastiff put down .
    Mesa was an awesome dog . We got her after we were told my wife couldn’t have kids . They were wrong about that .
    Our kids are broken hearted . They have had her all their lives . Wife and I and pretty tore up too .
    We knew her days were numbered. She had slowly started fading in the last year . Friday she lost all use of her back legs . We both agreed there was no way we would let her suffer .
    Sure didn’t feel right with out her in bed last night . Or while cooking supper her not in there on standby for dropped food .

Sorry to hear that. Always hard when you lose a good dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am dreading the days when my daughter might have to deal with this situation. Billy Bob and Sadie are her two she got when they were told the same about children. Sadie had 2 litters of pups and they did keep Roo, but they had to put her down at 6 months because of some problems after several operations to cure her of some blood disorders of sorts.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad news. They become family. Resized for us folks on laptops.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for your loss brother.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Buddy growing up had a couple of em and they were the coolest dogs. Loved lounging in the pool and their favorite place to sit was your lap. Always sucks having to put a member of the family down. Prayers of comfort for you and the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very sorry Keith. I dread the day. Sorry y'all are dealing with this.

Comment

My condolences! They really are part of the family. Sounds like you and your family provided an awesome loving home and a great life. That’s all really any of us can ask for.

Comment

Sorry for y’all’s loss my wife was 8 months pregnant when we had to put our dogue de Bordeaux down,a week to the date our female Leah passed away he was going on 11 and her on 10, she had a bad heart and the vet said the stress of not having him around constantly looking for him was too much for her heart to handle. Tear up just thinking bout all our mastiffs that have gone

Comment

Sorry for your loss Sir.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Strummer. They are sweet dogs.

My wife had one named Beatrice. If I'd have put Bea down, it would have saved me about $5000 in torn up pool equipment, Polaris Ranger tire and seat and steering wheel, custom drapes and blinds, Aerobic system control panel, etc. But she was my wife's baby...a big, giant, baby that'd eat anything.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Great dogs equal great memories especially for kids.

Comment

Hate to hear that. My inlaws have had to put one down due to same issue with their back legs. If I remember correctly they even paid for surgery but it didn’t help too much. The one they currently have is starting to experience same thing now with her back legs.

Comment

Thanks fellas . We still have our two Danes so the kids are doing ok . They just don’t have the bond with them as they did with Mesa .

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Ours is going on 7yrs old now and we have had him 4yrs. He was a Father’s Day gift from my wife and daughter. He was looking for a home here on TBH at the time. Glad we got him.

Comment

Working...
                              X