No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I started back 1/4. I've dropped about 4-5 lbs. as of this morning. My wife has only dropped 1. We had success a couple of years ago when we committed to 30 days to "jump start" our weight loss. We're going to try to replicate that.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Not at all. Overdoing protein will kill the ketosis going on in your body. If someone is starting out on keto, they should be weighing and recording their food intact so they can track their macros. Typical Keto macros should be 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. The fat and proteins are goals if you will and the carbs are an absolute limit. I ran around 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs.

By eating a high percentage of natural fats you are training your body to burn fat as a fuel instead of carbs.
      I need to edit this.....the carb limit of 5% was my personal one based on my total caloric daily intake. On Keto, you should not be consuming more that 20 net carbs each day. This is what I should have referenced as a limit and not a goal. Many days I will be in the 13-18 net carb range.

Comment

This is what I take to ensure my electrolytes stay where they should be. It was recommended to me by Shane here on TBH. I prefer the lemonade but there are several other flavors.

Hydrasurge is an all-natural hydration powder and electrolyte drink allowing you to maximize your workouts and improve physical performance. Hydrasurge contains Taurine, Coconut Water Powder, Complex Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Calcium so you can void cramping and dehydration.

Comment

I’ve been doing it a week. Jeans already feel better.

Comment

I need to edit this.....the carb limit of 5% was my personal one based on my total caloric daily intake. On Keto, you should not be consuming more that 20 net carbs each day. This is what I should have referenced as a limit and not a goal. Many days I will be in the 13-18 net carb range.
            did/do you do any fasting at all? IF or full 24, 48hr fasts in there?

from what I have been finding out lately, it seems like a fasting/IF/Keto combo could really be beneficial, weight loss and health wise.

Comment

Does this vary if your ultimate goal is not actual weight loss but rather burning stubborn fat in areas while gaining muscle mass or at least not loosing any through workouts?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                did/do you do any fasting at all? IF or full 24, 48hr fasts in there?

from what I have been finding out lately, it seems like a fasting/IF/Keto combo could really be beneficial, weight loss and health wise.
                I just recently did a 48 hour fast and found that it really kicked me in to ketosis. Of course the only thing I can count on is the pee test strips I have, but it showed I was in a deep ketosis state. Also, my wife can tell when my breath starts smelling like, what she calls, Acetone.

I also regularly do IF.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Does this vary if your ultimate goal is not actual weight loss but rather burning stubborn fat in areas while gaining muscle mass or at least not loosing any through workouts?
                  My understanding is no. You have to severally limit the carbs and limit protein to get into ketosis and start burning body fat. I think you can maintain your level of muscle while getting rid of the stomach fat. Being a mere mortal who doesnt take "stuff", I wasnt increasing my level of muscle last year while shedding the fat. Keto will definitely get you leaned out.

IF helped as well. Just brush up on what to eat to come out of your IF the days you do it. I was doing it wrong for quite sometime.
                  Last edited by rtp; 01-11-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Man, I have just eaten “clean” too long to know how to add this much fat to my diet!

This is through lunch and afternoon snack

The snack messed me up, I researched last week and thought it was fine but this app didn’t like it. dried cranberries, cheddar cheese & cashews.

Comment

Man, I have just eaten “clean” too long to know how to add this much fat to my diet!

The snack messed me up, I researched last week and thought it was fine but this app didn’t like it. dried cranberries, cheddar cheese & cashews.
                      pork skins, cheese, dried salami is what I snack on throughout the day to add the fat!

Comment

avocados, butter, and heavy cream

Comment

I need to start back on it. I lost 50lbs back in 2018 and then relaxed a little. I was not as strict with watching the carb intake but I didn’t overdo it. It was a lifstyle kind of diet (no bread, pasta, etc). I did that until around September then started to eat more carbs and exercise less. BOOM! Put on 15lbs in no time.

Comment

Comment

It is tough basically reversing the fat and protein numbers. Mayo(hellmans or dukes), avocados, most cheese, pecans, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts in that order. Cashews are at the very bottom of the list as far as nuts go and actually arent a nut at all. Add butter or cream to most things as well. Look up Folios to make a nice fatty cheese wrap for lunch. Cheddar Folio, chicken thigh meat, avocado, and mayo. Good stuff!

There are some awesome brussel sprout recipes that are heavy on the bacon, cheese and cream that are out of this world as well. I like to make that for dinner as my side pretty often.

Most fruit is a no no as well. You can eat small amounts of berries, that's about it.

Comment

It's pretty easy to add fat, but then watch the calories. It is very easy to consume too many with high fat foods.

Comment

Working...
                                X