Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto 2021

Anyone still doing Keto?? I started years back & stayed on it for a long time. I have been doing it on and off since then but want to make it the way I eat versus a "diet " I am on from time to time. I realize there are multiple threads already but decide to start a new one to share links to info, recipes and encouragement... I have been eating Keto for the last few days and feel like I am close to reaching the ketosis state already.

Here is one to the links I used to gather info back when I started:

A keto diet is a very low carb, high fat diet. Get started on keto with delicious recipes, amazing meal plans, health advice, and inspiring videos to help you succeed.

I did keto the first time a few years back and ended up dropping about 80 lbs over 8 months. Mostly it stayed off but you really can't do keto as a diet. Pretty much has to be a lifestyle. I'll be starting hard core keto tomorrow to get ready for being married. The best tip I can think of is to not overdo the protein. It can get really easy if you don't stay on top of your counting.

Comment

I lost close to 50# in 4 months this past new years on keto/carnivore. But them proceeded to gain about 35# back with the lock down. I'm in the weight-loss challenge on here and I'm trying the carnivore again.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
        I did keto the first time a few years back and ended up dropping about 80 lbs over 8 months. Mostly it stayed off but you really can't do keto as a diet. Pretty much has to be a lifestyle. I'll be starting hard core keto tomorrow to get ready for being married. The best tip I can think of is to not overdo the protein. It can get really easy if you don't stay on top of your counting.
        Best of luck getting back on it. Keep us posted.

Comment

I did strict Keto starting Thanksgiving 2019 until June 2020. During that time I lost 70lbs. Starting in June 2020 I transitioned to more of a low Carb diet and did that until Thanksgiving 2020. I was able to not gain any weight from June to Thanksgiving. That was a first for me since I had basically either been all in or all out on a diet. It gave me the confidence to know that I can control my weight by having a "cheat meal" once a week or so, as long as I eat what I'm supposed to eat the rest of the week. I started back on Keto Jan 1 and I am looking forward to 2021.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
            I lost close to 50# in 4 months this past new years on keto/carnivore. But them proceeded to gain about 35# back with the lock down. I'm in the weight-loss challenge on here and I'm trying the carnivore again.
            Good luck on the challenge. I am only trying to get approximately 15-18 lbs off but the Keto lifestyle makes me feel really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Good luck on the challenge. I am only trying to get approximately 15-18 lbs off but the Keto lifestyle makes me feel really good.
              I agree on the feeling better. I didn't know how bad I really felt until I lost the weight. I'm a diabetic and it got me completely off my medication with low carb. I can tell now that iv put some weight back on that I need to get it back off lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s really easy to follow you just have to stick to it

Comment

went back on it today. Ate strict for over two years until Thanksgiving this year. Then completely fell off the wagon for the week; went back on for two weeks, fell off for Christmas and New Years.

Back on it and interested to see where I am fat-wise. Was 10.3% when I fell off it (I measure it every week).

For what it's worth: I went on it for my blood pressure. Doc was going to medicate me and I said, "no way; give me 90 days and I'll have it down." Ate Keto strict for a month and my BP went down to 125/71. Could NOT get my diastolic out of the 70's. For you "Girthy gentlemen" with diabetes, high blood pressure, or metabolic syndrome, you may want to give it a shot. Never felt or slept better.

Tough to stay on over the long haul but the alternative sucks. Also, feeling so good and having that amount of energy made it all worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by JimPat View Post
                    went back on it today. Ate strict for over two years until Thanksgiving this year. Then completely fell off the wagon for the week; went back on for two weeks, fell off for Christmas and New Years.

Back on it and interested to see where I am fat-wise. Was 10.3% when I fell off it (I measure it every week).

For what it's worth: I went on it for my blood pressure. Doc was going to medicate me and I said, "no way; give me 90 days and I'll have it down." Ate Keto strict for a month and my BP went down to 125/71. Could NOT get my diastolic out of the 70's. For you "Girthy gentlemen" with diabetes, high blood pressure, or metabolic syndrome, you may want to give it a shot. Never felt or slept better.

Tough to stay on over the long haul but the alternative sucks. Also, feeling so good and having that amount of energy made it all worthwhile.
                    The sleeping part was a game changer for me!

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                      The sleeping part was a game changer for me!

After I'd been on keto hard core for 6 months my dentist and oral hygienist were raving about my teeth when I went for the check up. I was done in about 20 min and they said it was obvious I hadn't eaten any sugar and likely processed foods, which was true. Other than keto all I did was brush my teeth every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                        After I'd been on keto hard core for 6 months my dentist and oral hygienist were raving about my teeth when I went for the check up. I was done in about 20 min and they said it was obvious I hadn't eaten any sugar and likely processed foods, which was true. Other than keto all I did was brush my teeth every morning.
                        That is awesome. I never considered the benefits of very limited sugar for teeth as part of Keto.

Comment

So I'm kicking around going on keto. I've really gotten out of shape and have put the weight on. I need to lose around 30 pounds but 45 pounds probably wouldn't hurt.

I might be over doing it but I want to start keto as well as working out (at least cardio and kinda easy to do stuff around the house like pushups).

I gotta get my act together. I feel like once I start and get used to it that it won't be a big deal to continue doing.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                            I did strict Keto starting Thanksgiving 2019 until June 2020. During that time I lost 70lbs. Starting in June 2020 I transitioned to more of a low Carb diet and did that until Thanksgiving 2020. I was able to not gain any weight from June to Thanksgiving. That was a first for me since I had basically either been all in or all out on a diet. It gave me the confidence to know that I can control my weight by having a "cheat meal" once a week or so, as long as I eat what I'm supposed to eat the rest of the week. I started back on Keto Jan 1 and I am looking forward to 2021.

I think this is a good approach and is more sustainable.

Comment

I'm 10 days into my first Keto diet and I'm down 16lbs.
                              Its now that hard when you get to have steak and eggs for breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                              X