Show me your ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show me your ID

I took my wife shopping today. To kill some time I went into an Academy to browse for Chinese trinkets. Instead I found some Magpul magazines for my.308. Picked up five of them and went to the register. The clerk asked to see my ID. When did this policy start? He said his boss required they ask. I didn’t give the clerk a hard time but asked him to relay a message to his boss. Please tell him to go..................

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    I took my wife shopping today. To kill some time I went into an Academy to browse for Chinese trinkets. Instead I found some Magpul magazines for my.308. Picked up five of them and went to the register. The clerk asked to see my ID. When did this policy start? He said his boss required they ask. I didn’t give the clerk a hard time but asked him to relay a message to his boss. Please tell him to go..................
    Exactly.

Comment

But you don't need one to vote... SMH

Comment

The edge of the cliff is approaching....

Comment

Is there an age requirement like for buying beer? If so, maybe he thought you were to young and good looking.

Comment

I guess it’s just a downside of living a clean life. 63 years old and still getting carded.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              They did that to me awhile back. I guess its store policy, like how they wont steel ARs to folks under 21.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                Yup sad ain’t it

Comment

Bought 2 30 round mags on Monday at a local gun shop. Didnt ask for any ID. I thought they said it was racist to have to show an ID.

Comment

I got ID'd at Target the other day for buying an expansion pack to Cards Against Humanity ... the card game. Yeah, the game has some adult content for sure, but I'm almost 40 years old. Did he think I was 17 or 20? How old does one have to be to buy a card game with some cuss words?

Comment

Last time I was in Academy they tried to card me for a can of Hornady One Shot, told them where to stick it and left my stuff on the counter.

Comment

I get carded for a lot of stuff. Chew,beer and sometimes ammunition. It slowed down once I grew a beard. I got kicked out of a bar when I was 23 because they thought I had a fake ID. I wasn't gonna leave but I didn't really think cops needed to get involved so I decided to go be drunk outside. As if there's a difference. Plus the guy telling me to leave could have kicked my *** really hard so it was for the best.

Comment

Our Academy corrals us through a single line and then has all the cashiers with their backs to the line.

I hate that place even though I find myself needing something from there once a week. lol

Comment

So did you comply?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                              GREAT Comment!

Comment

Working...
                              X