Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you answer this scientific question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burt Reynolds died….

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      Burt Reynolds died….
      Thank you.....maybe this thread will die now.

Comment

What kind of fridge? By that I mean freezer on top or bottom? Either way I think it could be 1 or both of 2 things. First would be air circulation. Like TxPit said their is freezing air circulating in. Depending on where it is coming from (top or bottom) and what else is in the fridge the air could move differently at different times. For example, if it is coming from the top and you have a gallon of milk on the top shelf, the placement of the milk could change which bottles the "air current" hits at different times. I would say this is less likely though as a reason. I think the primary reason as dhall stated is the difference in what is in the water bottles themselves. I think different water bottles could have slightly different makeups, even coming from the same package. If one has a little more salinity (or fluoride or chlorine, or whatever) than another one they could freeze differently.

Nothing scientific from me, just my WAG...

Comment

pee pee

Comment

Sounds like your fridge is too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              This is great !
              But this poster is NOT.

Comment

One word...……………………………….PLASTICS.

Comment

Adjust your Flux capacitor!

Comment

More impurities in the ones that didn't freeze

Comment

I noticed this during the freeze in feb. had a 24 pack in back of the truck. Most were frozen but maybe 6-7 we’re not even slushy

Comment

My only question is does RPB know where the Post Reply button is? Or is every response a novel?

Comment

Juicedratic Equation, kept inside a safe, inside a vault inside a volcano.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            Some bottles are in front of the cold air circulation vent are are in the direct path of sub freezing air. They get lowered below the freezing point through direct contact with the air when the compressor runs, while other bottle further away only get down to the ambient inside temperature of the fridge. A refrigerator that runs the compressor often is likely to have dirty coils, making the cycle less efficient and causing the compressor to work more often. This sub freezing air is blowing more frequently across the bottles and has a better chance of freezing them.

Another critical consideration to this is that I completely made this up, have no actual idea what I’m talking about, but thanks to an engineering degree can bullshxt my through it enough for you to have nodded your head in agreement since the second sentence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Hahaha! This is brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                              Nucleation.

Always fun to take a bottle of water out of the freezer that is still liquid, open it, and watch it turn to ice as soon as you twist the cap off.
                              I prefer it when this happens to my bottled beer rather than water. Forms a really nice slush

Comment

I think this is one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen lol

Comment

Working...
                                X