No announcement yet.

Still waiting on deer mount. 16 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tannery turn around and the sheer volume of last year have caused all kinds of delays. We are mounting six days a week and the antler rack don’t even look like they are thinning out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      I thought, in that other thread, you said you were going to bring them to me!

Poor communication is a bigger issue, to me, than the 16 months.
      BUT, if you're used to a 2 to 3 month turnaround, I can see where you'd be upset.

FTR, the longest turnaround time, that I've ever had on an animal, was 8 years. It was a bobcat, for a friend of mine. He said "there's no rush", and was making small, sporadic payments ... $20 here ... $50 three months later ... etc. We had both forgotten about it until I was inventorying my freezers and found it. It had been tanned right away, so there were no issues with the skin, and it mounted up just fine. He paid the remaining balance ($200, I think) and everyone was happy.

I told this story to Cast and Blast, when some of his mounts were right at a year.

He told me, "I'd have burned your f'n house down by now if that was my cat!" LOL

Lol...true story. Still to this day I have to periodically light small fires in his front yard to jog his memory.

To the OP, I think I was one that gave you **** in your original thread. It is all about preference. I personally don't mind waiting a while for something that I will look at for a lifetime (as long as the finished product is worth it).

I do agree that communication is very important, and a lot of people have communication issues. Personally, I would be okay if a taxi told me 2 years. The problem is when they say 8 months and it ends up being 16 with zero communication.

Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

Comment

Please be sure to post pictures here once you do get him back!

Comment

Name the taxi......

The link you posted sure made me lol, but I get it, how and what you spend your money on is your business. Sometimes my taxi takes awhile but I've never ever complained. He is good and certainly isn't cheap. I've had other cheaper taxis do work for me faster and been disappointed every time....

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
            There’s been stuff posted on here over the years that I personally wouldn’t even hang in deer camp.
            You know better than that. The only high standards we have in our deer camp are the quality of toilet paper, and ice cream treats. No standards at all for deer mounts, store bought pan sausage (blasphemy!) and coons.

Comment

Buddy of mine shot a big 8 in November of 2019. Didn’t get it back until three months ago. It came out great, but like others have said most good taxidermists are backed way the hell up. I sent off two axis hides to get tanned last October. Got a call yesterday only one is ready, other is a few weeks out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                Thanks deer

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                You’re welcome!

Seriously though. There’s a lot of decent taxidermists. There’s some really good ones. Most ALL the good ones are 12+ months. There is ZERO excuse for no communication unless you’re just blowing him up but he she tell you that.

Sorry you’re having a hard time. Feel free to message me next time and I can help you get in touch with a reliable one. The extra few hundred bucks is worth it when you’re admiring the mount for the rest of your life.

Comment

I feel your pain.

How about 30 months on 2 bobcats and a pair of ducks.. still waiting and the same taxi just gave my cousin his 140” buck back yesterday he killed last season.

And i paid in full up front for all… I’ll be stopping by there on my way home from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X