No announcement yet.

Things To Do - Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homestead is pretty good. One of the few, if only, places this far south that makes it's own cheese.

I always liked Friday's (dive but really good), Tejun's when it was out of the Brookshire parking lot but haven't been since they moved, Buzzard Billy's (you can feed giant catfish and turtles on the deck), and Taco Z (I think it's Taqueria Zacatecas or something like that--that was my go to for legit Mexican food).

Went to 2 Minnie's back in the day and watched the local bridge trolls dance around. God awful but desperate times. Is that place still around??

Waco also has a mini Cabela's that you can kill time in.

Comment

Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
      sad to say, she closed down!
      The one time I was there 30 years ago was enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Hit up Showtime. Worst strip club in America.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by JDALEX View Post
        sad to say, she closed down!
        Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        The one time I was there 30 years ago was enough for me.

Was that the one on the loop east side of town?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Was that the one on the loop east side of town?
          no sir, that was Sonny's. its closed also.

Comment

The walking trails along the river are pretty nice. I always enjoyed running along there but would also make a nice evening walk.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post

Went to 2 Minnie's back in the day and watched the local bridge trolls dance around. God awful but desperate times. Is that place still around??
              No that place went gangsta, had a shooting there few years ago https://wacotrib.com/news/local/crim...730a309a8.html

Comment

It was always gangsta. Lol.

About 20 years ago while working in town qe knew some girls that worked there and the guy behind the bar. We had fun on a few occasions. Lol.

Comment

My feed store is three blocks from the Showtime…

It is far from closed…!!!

I see the owner picking up his cash every morning…

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    It was always gangsta. Lol.

About 20 years ago while working in town qe knew some girls that worked there and the guy behind the bar. We had fun on a few occasions. Lol.

Seems like shootings are the norm there now https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/mclenn...-at-club-krush

Comment

George’s for a Burger and a Big O

Comment

You guys are missing out. Waco's got two top BBQ joints both recognized by Texas Monthly, a world class distillery, a new Top Golf, emerging local craft beer options, a restaurant scene that has exploded and a downtown resurgence that is just underway. Plenty of new things to do downtown or hit the parks (Waco Mammoth, Cameron Park, etc) and museums (TX Ranger, Dr Pepper, etc). And the national championship basketball program is about to build a phenomenal new arena, field house style, likely on the river that will be second to none.

If you can't find great food, great beer and something to do, it's because you're not looking. And no offense, but going to Milo and getting a hamburger is like going to George's for the tilapia.

Comment

George's for CFS and a Big O Shiner. Waco is a nice conservative town full of mostly good people. I laugh when people from DFW rag on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X