Alone season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Im confused on the Grizz part. You have no gun but just gonna yell to scare off Apex predators and hope it goes well... what lol?!?!
    They do have bear spray.

Comment

My money is on Clay. He literally had 10 pounds of food the first day. They didn't really give him much footage in the last episode. I think early on in the series they show more footage of people that are going out. I do think kayak man though will soon be stashing some serious fish. I also think he probably has a really stout shelter that they are not showing much of. Best shelter though is probably the lady from UK. It wont be flooded when it starts snowing and she will be well insulated. I just don't think she will have enough food.

Comment

I think Kayak guy may also begin putting fish in the boat. Now that he has outriggers on his yak, it is much more stable and appears to be viable for getting out where the fish are. If he can get a lot of fish and smoke them, he will have a long term solution to food supply. I saw last night that they can`t kill squirrels either. So far no one appears to be getting much game (rabbits/hares, grouse, deer). I have to rember that the producers have thousands of hours of footage, but they edit the footage to create a sense of anticipation and excitement. They can edit the storylines and footage to make you think there is going to be one outcome and then hit you out of left field with an alternative ending, like what happened last night. Never thought that contestant would voluntarily tap out so early. Still a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
          I think Kayak guy may also begin putting fish in the boat. Now that he has outriggers on his yak, it is much more stable and appears to be viable for getting out where the fish are. If he can get a lot of fish and smoke them, he will have a long term solution to food supply. I saw last night that they can`t kill squirrels either. So far no one appears to be getting much game (rabbits/hares, grouse, deer). I have to rember that the producers have thousands of hours of footage, but they edit the footage to create a sense of anticipation and excitement. They can edit the storylines and footage to make you think there is going to be one outcome and then hit you out of left field with an alternative ending, like what happened last night. Never thought that contestant would voluntarily tap out so early. Still a great show.
          He built a killer shelter too, what a waste.

Comment

I think Kayak guy may also begin putting fish in the boat. Now that he has outriggers on his yak, it is much more stable and appears to be viable for getting out where the fish are. If he can get a lot of fish and smoke them, he will have a long term solution to food supply.
            I told my wife that the boat build was a huge waste of energy, time and calories after it’s maiden voyage. Then, I was shocked at how stable the outriggers made it. 😳 Shows what I know.

That being said, I still like Biko. That ole boy did some pre work….he came prepared and packed in some extra internal groceries 😂

Comment

Clay was on Newberg's podcast the other day. It was recorded after the first show aired this season. No secrets revealed, but I found it interesting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s on

Comment

I bet Clay kills a deer. Well he shot but they are gonna make us wait until next week.. I'm not a fan of the 10 min talk with the ones who quit..
                  Last edited by jds247; 07-01-2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Clay seems to me like he is the only one with hunting knowledge. My money is on him killing the spike shown in the preview. Those fish baskets are a joke, waist of time.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                      I bet Clay kills a deer. Well he shot but they are gonna make us wait until next week.. I'm not a fan of the 10 min talk with the ones who quit..

Yep the talks on the way out are a waste of time. They just trying to justify why they are quitters.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                        He built a killer shelter too, what a waste.
                        Kinda saw that coming. That dude's whole episode was doing stupid meaningless things, haven't seen him even attempt to get something to eat for like 2 episodes now? Absolute waste of a shelter, man that was a nice one, loved the door.

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                        Clay seems to me like he is the only one with hunting knowledge. My money is on him killing the spike shown in the preview. Those fish baskets are a joke, waist of time.
                        Why is everybody making those silly fish baskets? Do they have some sort of "local expert" do a seminar or something as a group before they get started? No way those baskets are gonna catch anything in that environment.

Comment

Clays really the only one I feel that can absolutely take multiple big game with his bow if the chance arises. The others it would be just pure luck. Anybody building a useless fish trap on a lake goes on my short list. Stream yes lake no !

The lady that built the earth shelter is straight up smart. She could be a real competitor with Clay! Some of those other shelters aren’t going to cut it at all!
                          Last edited by sharkhunter; 07-02-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                            Clays really the only one I feel that can absolutely take multiple big game with his bow if the chance arises. The others it would be just pure luck. Anybody building a useless fish trap on a lake goes on my short list. Stream yes lake no !

The lady that built the earth shelter is straight up smart. She could be a real competitor with Clay! Some of those other shelters aren’t going to cut it at all!
                            I'm assuming he killed that deer at the end of the last episode, problem is there's not a lot of fat on deer so people can still be hurting with plenty of jerky to chew on. Agree with you he's actually got hunting skills and it's refreshing to see.

She's good, but she came in really skinny and doesn't look to be eating enough to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post

Why is everybody making those silly fish baskets? Do they have some sort of "local expert" do a seminar or something as a group before they get started? No way those baskets are gonna catch anything in that environment.

I believe they do. I know “Naked and afraid” has a survival expert teach the fish basket making before they are dropped off.

Those baskets are as worthless as tits on a bull

Comment

One thing we’ve observed in the different seasons of watching this show.... when the contestants start talking about their family and home, they’re done.

I’m betting on Clay or Nate

Comment

Working...
                                X