No announcement yet.

Anyone ever done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite to that extent. When I started shift work, I had a few instances of "time" panic when I woke up. I jumped out of bed a couple times with a racing heartbeat and made it to the truck a couple of times, but never made it to actual work place.

Comment

I've done a lot of things in my lifetime but I can pretty well say with certainty that going to work 12 hrs. early is not one of them. Hopefully your clock can get reset this weekend.

Comment

Yup, I "overslept" one day after going to class in college all day, and working a 8 hour double shift for UPS right after class the same day. I was part time so we only worked 4 hour shifts loading trucks.

Anyway woke up, looked at my clock and scrambled out of bed, drove like a bat out of he** about 25 min to the school, to pull into an empty parking lot....

It was f'n Saturday....

Went to Pit Grill for a healthy breakfast, and drove straight to the course to play a round of golf. Good times.

Comment

When i was a kid, my brother would wake me up almost every sat morning, screaming that the bus is coming and im gunna miss it! I fell for that more times than i care to admit.

Comment

I remember my mom and dad doing something similar. Apparently the electricity had been off during the day and their alarm clock was off. Dad got up, ate breakfast (which mom fixed) and went to work. Mom started doing the ironing and then about 20 minutes later dad walked back in the door and said--we are going back to bed. It's 3 AM.

Comment

i did it recently me and another guy where mobing up a vessel all day and worked tell about mid night. We still had stuff we had to do next day. I woke up at 3:00 AM which i thought it was 3:00 PM i jumped up turned the light on and woke the other guy up and was like we got to go, we got work to do before we leave the dock. I opened room door up and was like hey its still dark out side. He googled what time it was and we went back to bed.

Comment

Just happened to me the other day. I was on shift at the FD, took a nap in the recliner and woke up at 6:45. I woke up and started to go home only to find out I still had another 12:15 hrs left on my shift.

Comment

Working...
                X