X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
    Cool, any interior marsh I can hit?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Look at Christmas Bay, pre-boat days this is where I spent a lot of time walking in to wade fish, focus on the points along the South Shoreline. Be careful if you do not have 4WD.

Also, the surf can produce great fishing this time of year, you just need the right conditions, flat waves and clean/clear water.

Comment

Anyone been lately?... Headed out for Memorial Day Weekend

Comment

If the surf is flat and green get in it.. The water is plenty warm for trout, it just may be too cold to wade wet.. There have been some giant trout caught with the surf temp in the 50's.

Comment

Anyone hit the surf around Bolivar?

Comment

Anyone hit the surf around Bolivar?

It’s all good when the conditions and water are right, most of us old guys down here only fish the surf when it’s right, at least that’s true for this old guy.

Comment

Shoot, I gotta move closer to catch premium conditions... LOL

Comment

It's still a little early. If the surf lays down they will be there. It just doesn't lay down very often this time of year. It's usually not until late June or July before we see it lay down and get good.

I was able to sneak out and fish it a couple of days last week and the fish are there but it was pretty rough. I had to stay right up by the jetties for some protection.

Comment

Ok.... I'll be there again in late June

Comment

Watch the wave forecast and surf cams.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                      Watch the wave forecast and surf cams.
                      Thanks.... Great advice as I had forgotten about the surf cams

Comment

What are the optimal conditions in terms of wave height, wind velocity and tide I should be looking for.

Comment

This thread has me wanting to get my feet wet lol ! OP weekdays are best if you can. When the word gets out there are trout in the surf it’s shoulder to shoulder at times on the weekend ( I hate crowds). I’ve caught some real pigs in the surf by the water tower on the west end. Also hooked into small tarpon and caught a 6lb red snapper and countless jacks. No telling what’s you’ll hook into.

Comment

What are the optimal conditions in terms of wave height, wind velocity and tide I should be looking for.

I like a SE wind 5-10 mph or less and fish 2 hours before and after a high tide. A west or east wind muddies the surf up pretty fast. Also in the heat of summer when the surf is rough as soon as it lays and greens get out there as the oxygen levels are high from the rough surf still.

Comment

I have always had the best luck with a light Southeast wind, 4 tide day, with a waxing moon. This usually happens between Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then it’s back to Southwest Winds at 25mph on Fridays through Sundays. ��

Comment

Sounds a lot like South Louisiana..... Looking forward to peak conditions

Comment

Working...
                                X