Result of First Trad Shot at Large Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Im blessed to be 2 (shots) for 2 (kills) on my first med/large game (deer)...nevermind the first one was illegal.

Hey, you owned up to your mistake, and there’s a lot of folks these days that would not do that!!! [emoji106][emoji106]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I may have taken a deer or three when I was young that may or . . . Well they weren't legal. We were poor and meat was meat. If I made a mistake in an AR county the deer would go home, get processed and be eaten. I wouldn't post pics though.

You did the right thing and the they took their opportunity to punish you anyway. Let no good deed go unpunished.

Our wildlife laws and enforcement is just as bad as the rest of the system.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Bisch.

DRT...the laws like the game are moving targets. Not always is the mark hit exactly. I think weve good TPWD people suggesting good laws and good TPWD and State Police folk enforcing those laws...including our vigilant TBHing Trad brothers and sisters who police each other...and Im thankful.

God bless!
        Byron
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-02-2018, 11:36 AM. Reason: PoliceSpake

Comment

Well said Briar! Good Huntin and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Ain’t had that pleasure yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My first shot with a trad bow was at a pronghorn antelope at 23 yards. I have no idea where that arrow went and I didnt even pick a spot. I did find the arrow later and it was clean miss. Still dont know if it was high/low or what. I totally blanked out at the shot. It was the most nervous I have ever been in over 20 years of hunting. That experience taught me a lot and I have done a lot better since.

Comment

Working...
              X