Fireplace insert- blower/no blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireplace insert- blower/no blower

We are fixing to purchase a Regency 2700 wood burning fireplace insert. They have it with or without the fan/blower. If I go with the blower I will have to run electricity to the back of the existing fireplace to hook up the blower. While that is doable, it is going to be a pain in the nuts.

So, you guys with inserts do you have a blower or no blower. Pro's/con's ? I would surely think that the blower would definitely allow the unit to put out more heat, but how much heat is emitted without the blower?

D-Mo...what is your suggestion/recommendation?

In for answers. Hate my regular wood burning fireplace. unless you're sitting right next to it it only serves to such the warmth out of the extremities of the house.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't have the option as I didn't have enough space behind my unit to have the blower. While it does put out enough heat without the blower, I really do wish I had it. I would burn a lot less wood as I wouldn't keep the fire going as high. Plus, the layout of my house is such that I could easily heat the kitchen as well as the living room, but without the blower that is more difficult. I really do wish I had the blower.

Comment

I’ve lived in 2 houses with and 2 without the blower. The blower makes a world of difference.

Comment

We had a Jotul wood burning stove installed last Summer. We almost got the blower option for it, but the installer guy that came out to put ours in, said he always advised against the blowers... maybe it would be different for a fireplace insert, but the one time I built a real fire in ours, it was about 44-46 degrees outside... When the stove got to humming, our air conditioner came on! Sucker puts out some heat!!

My thinking for an insert type unit, it might be good to have it. If you didn't need it for a normal day, just don't turn on the fan... But for stuff like we had last Feb. I bet that fan would come in handy...

Comment

Put it in. You always have the option of not turning it on if not needed.

But when you need it, it sure is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Love mine, also have a gas stem for easy start

Comment

I think getting the blower is going to be the smart way to go. Like yall mentioned, if we need to turn it on we can and if we dont we wont, but at least it will be there. Gonna be a job getting juice into the back of the fireplace, but I believe it will be the way to go. Thanks for the input fellas.

Comment

The blower makes a world of difference

Comment

If you have a ceiling fan blower would be an added bonus. No ceiling fan a blower is a must

Comment

blower works

Comment

Definitely get the blower. My parents have one and their house use to get in the 30s at night without the insert and a fire going. You would wake up in the house and could see your breath. Had to be tough growing up in their house. During the freeze in Feb they said that it never got below 65 even with the blackouts.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          We had a Jotul wood burning stove installed last Summer. We almost got the blower option for it, but the installer guy that came out to put ours in, said he always advised against the blowers... maybe it would be different for a fireplace insert, but the one time I built a real fire in ours, it was about 44-46 degrees outside... When the stove got to humming, our air conditioner came on! Sucker puts out some heat!!

My thinking for an insert type unit, it might be good to have it. If you didn't need it for a normal day, just don't turn on the fan... But for stuff like we had last Feb. I bet that fan would come in handy...
                          Same experience here. Installed a wood stove. Once it it going, you better open a window. Heats up the entire house.

Comment

We loved having the blower option in ours. As others have said you don't have to use it, but when it's really cold it will push that heat thru the house and make a big difference.

Comment

Same decision as picking a wife you gotta go with the blower.

Comment

Working...
                              X