It's an older model but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an older model but....

I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on. D500 as my D7000 just isn't as compatible with wildlife photography as much as I would like.
    Can't wait to get out for a test drive next week, I get it on Monday. Woohoo!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I’ve been wanting a quality camera for photography for a while now. Through work and fishing and hunting I’ve seen things I wish I had snap shots of.

Congrats! Looking forward to pictures.

Comment

D500 is a great camera. I had one for a while a year or so ago. Enjoy it.

Comment

So I finally had a chance to take it out for a spin, nothing fancy but it is a glimpse of what it is capable of. Excited about this camera.

Comment

Nice, appears to be a dark-eyed Junco. Wish I had those near me. Not enough woods. What lens?

Tip, single point focus on the eye and when they are in the dark, exp. comp to at least +.3. Mine almost always stays there. Play with settings that lighten the pic.

D500 will serve you well. Took this the short time I owned one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
            Nice, appears to be a dark-eyed Junco. Wish I had those near me. Not enough woods. What lens?

Tip, single point focus on the eye and when they are in the dark, exp. comp to at least +.3. Mine almost always stays there. Play with settings that lighten the pic.

D500 will serve you well. Took this the short time I owned one.

The lens is a Nikon 300 AF-S ED f4.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
              The lens is a Nikon 300 AF-S ED f4.

That should work nicely. I bet you could add a 1.4x converter if you wanted? When shooting with Canon, I owned a 300, f4. I used a Tamron 150-600 on the D500 when I had it. If you care to see any examples, let me know.

Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                That should work nicely. I bet you could add a 1.4x converter if you wanted? When shooting with Canon, I owned a 300, f4. I used a Tamron 150-600 on the D500 when I had it. If you care to see any examples, let me know.

Have fun.
                Will do, I'm probably going to get the Nikon 200-500 AF-S f5.6

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  Will do, I'm probably going to get the Nikon 200-500 AF-S f5.6

Yeh, that's a good one. The internal zoom is very nice. My Sony has the internal zoom. Enjoy.

Comment

Great pics.

Comment

Working...
                    X