The “auditing” experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “auditing” experience

What’s it like? Seems like if you filed your taxes the Internal Revenue Service would have all the information they need on you. So, do they find something on you or do they audit you looking for something? I’m sure a lot of us will be finding this out in the near future.

Basically you file on an honor system and being audited is them looking into your honor. Every year you're name could get drawn to be audited, except there's no point cubing. Lots of people go their whole life without being audited, some are audited multiple times. This is for individuals, businesses are likely different. Mom worked with the IRS for a while and explained it all to me when I was 18, I didn't retain most of what she said

Comment

How dare anyone not pay all of their taxes. Ukraine needs their money!!!

Comment

My buddy makes millions of income a year. He got audited. They sent an auditor to him to go through a bunch of stuff in person. Guy was there so long my buddy set him up with his own office. When they got done going through all his crap they figured that the IRS actually owed him some money back. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          How dare anyone not pay all of their taxes. Ukraine needs their money!!!
          We were 30 trillion down before we sent them anything. lol. We have a hole in the bucket.

Comment

Well, we’ve always payed our taxes and have been honest about it. But, y’all remember what Lois Lerner did to conservatives. And nothing ever happened to her. It’s the current corruption that concerns me, and knowing that they are gonna crush the middle class making us pay for the green new deal.

Comment

I got audited one time about 30 years ago when I was still doing my own taxes. It went well and I passed with no issues. About a month later I got a letter from the IRS saying that since I didn’t show up for the audit (?!) they were starting the collection process, basically disallowing all my write offs and deductions plus penalties. I spent three days trying to get someone on the phone to no avail - when I did get a human on the line they were no help and twice they hung up on me in mid sentence. Then one day my boss called me in to tell me home office got a notice to start garnishing my wages. I hired a local tax attorney who got it cleared up but it was expensive and a real mess. I didn’t get back the garnished paychecks either- it was counted as a tax credit for the next year.

Comment

My point exactly Jerp. I truly believe these people are out to break the back of the middle class.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I got audited one time about 30 years ago when I was still doing my own taxes. It went well and I passed with no issues. About a month later I got a letter from the IRS saying that since I didn’t show up for the audit (?!) they were starting the collection process, basically disallowing all my write offs and deductions plus penalties. I spent three days trying to get someone on the phone to no avail - when I did get a human on the line they were no help and twice they hung up on me in mid sentence. Then one day my boss called me in to tell me home office got a notice to start garnishing my wages. I hired a local tax attorney who got it cleared up but it was expensive and a real mess. I didn’t get back the garnished paychecks either- it was counted as a tax credit for the next year.

If the IRS were liable for lawyer fees and returning improperly seized funds (PLUS INTEREST) it would stop a lot of that. Especially if the specific person who dropped the ball was punished somehow for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                    If the IRS were liable for lawyer fees and returning improperly seized funds (PLUS INTEREST) it would stop a lot of that. Especially if the specific person who dropped the ball was punished somehow for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    That would be great but the politicians (of both parties) that were/are responsible for our tax code are as crooked as a barrel of snakes. Don’t look for any relief soon !

Comment

Makes a person feel helpless against the big government agencies

Comment

Didn't someone with a beef fly a plane into the IRS building in Austin not too long ago?
                        Didn't John Hancock warn us about this 246 years ago?
                        Look where we are now after creating this country from a imposed 3% tax on tea.
                        Poison is being force fed. Either take it or you will be declared a domestic enemy and face the microscope up yer behind until they find something.

Comment

I'm assuming this question is related to the hiring of 87,000 news democrat auditors/soldiers..
                          Being that the IRS is now even more weaponized against conservatives I can only imagine how bad this will get.. Its about to get really ugly...

Comment

Y'all ready to talk about Texas independence yet?

Comment

Yes sir. But my poop shoot has never had a foreign object in it and I don’t wanna start now!

Comment

Working...
                              X