Wet Nurse Doe - BUFFET IS OPEN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Nurse Doe - BUFFET IS OPEN!!

There's a 15 acre place next to mine that is fenced tight enough that no dog or coyote is getting in or out. Every year several does drop their fawns there, like they know it's a safe place. It's a blast watching these tikes grow from birth until they can jump the fence.

Today when I was driving by, I saw a couple running around close to the road. I stopped to watch, which made mama nervous. She jumped into that field and BAM, five babies ran full speed to her and started fighting over teats. I have never seen this before. Been watching many deer every day a good part of my life.

Check it out!

What a sight. Cool stuff.
    Last edited by Walker; 07-11-2022, 09:02 PM.

Comment

That’s really cool

Comment

that's neat!!

Comment

What a sight !

Comment

Now that's cool!

Comment

I saw it once with the house deer. Four fawns ambushed a doe and went wild nursing. She tolerated it for a bit then started kicking the snot out of then. Turns out a set of twins were hers and the other two quickly found their mamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s really cool. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

If there is no water in there, they might be more thirsty than hungry. I have a neighbor that did the same thing with the fencing. There is no free water on the place, so when the fawns are dropped in there, they're screwed until that get big enough to jump. Until then they only get moisture from mama. Mentioned that to them a few years ago, but they didn't seem to care.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                    If there is no water in there, they might be more thirsty than hungry. I have a neighbor that did the same thing with the fencing. There is no free water on the place, so when the fawns are dropped in there, they're screwed until that get big enough to jump. Until then they only get moisture from mama. Mentioned that to them a few years ago, but they didn't seem to care.
                    Edit on my reply. I would never have thought of that. There has always been a trough there. I will follow up with the neighbor to make sure it's filled. Thank you!
                    Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 07-11-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Neat video

Comment

Pretty cool stuff!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow, that girl has her hands/teets full!

Comment

Dang! She needs some alfalfa!

Comment

Holly Milk Batman!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X