Bringing birds back from Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing birds back from Mexico

Have a Mexico Dove hunt in early September. Question is what is the law on bringing birds back? How many can we bring?

Thank you in advance.

Mmm this has been discussed but i think the answer is No. can’t bring em home. Eat em trade em for boots.

Comment

When I went we ate what we could and just had a good time.

Comment

Unless something has changed in the last five years, no. For a definitive answe, check U.S. Dept of Ag website. You can also find a brief list of things that can’t be brought back to the U.S. on the State Dept website.

Comment

2004/5 was the last year. Bird Flu was their excuse.

Comment

I’d be more concerned if they were quail

Comment

Take a private plane ……..

Comment

I thought now u could bring 70 whitewings with one wing attached. Yes or no?

Comment

They won't even let you bring pork chops with HEB seals on them.

But I guess you could always hide them in the bottom of the tool box[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can bring some illegals back but no birds. Got it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      You can bring some illegals back but no birds. Got it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                      Hmm, so put them in an illegal's backpack and pick them up on the north side of the border?

Comment

Just put them in a bundle and walk across. Gate's open. But seriously probably not worth the hassle with our dumb import laws.

Comment

Who are you hunting with? Thinking about going this year as well

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            2004/5 was the last year. Bird Flu was their excuse.
                            I think I went in one of those years, maybe 2004 timeframe and we were able to bring home something like 205 or 210. I didn't realize that you can't bring any home anymore, I would have lied to the OP for sure.

Comment

My experience has been that it depends how is manning the check station on our side. The last time I came across with birds, admittedly a long time ago, nobody seemed to know anything about what you could legally bring back.

Comment

Working...
                              X