No announcement yet.

What size Generator ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have that very one! I haven’t used it a ton yet, but it started right up, and work perfectly every time I’ve used it so far. Don’t be fooled by the name, they are an American company that makes quality tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I have that very one! I haven’t used it a ton yet, but it started right up, and work perfectly every time I’ve used it so far. Don’t be fooled by the name, they are an American company that makes quality tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Saving this...I'm in the market for one and been looking at the Predators from Harbor Freight

Comment

Reviews look good. I'm biting.

Now.... what's diff in generator and inverter generator?

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post

In for the review!

Comment

I don’t know the fancy terms for the different parts and all that. But bottom line is the inverter puts out “clean” energy. Something about a sine wave. Good for electronic and stuff like that. Computers, tvs, ect ect.

Regular generator puts out “dirty” energy with a not so clean sine wave.

How many thousand/millions of window units, coffe pots, tvs, ect ect have been powered by “dirty” energy generators after hurricanes? So in my mind, the actual difference is noise and fuel consumption, the inverter is much lower on both.

Comment

I just remembered watching the guys test video on this brands 5500w inverter. His videos are informative and I’ve repaired a few generators by following along step by step as he goes through one. Haha.

3000W Portable Gasoline Super Quiet Inverter Generator 47lb Backup Home us for sale. Performance auto parts,tuning car parts and engine accessories sale online at maxpeedingrods.com with budget price and fast free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                Saving this...I'm in the market for one and been looking at the Predators from Harbor Freight
                Dont. I have two suitcase 2k predators to run together for camper and tent camping. One has run fine but other crapped out a month or two after warranty ended. No mechs want to fool with them for lack of parts and Ive exhausted my limit of problem shooting and tinkering.

I think it might simply be grounding issue but nothing has worked and I cant find plausible connection corrosion. I loaned it to a neighbor during Icepocolypse and it ran for a couple days then crapped out.

If you get one…set your calendar to return it before warranty ends.

Mr12…go bigger than necessary so load is low versus capability. Purportedly less fuel spent when running at lower rate than full limit rate.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 08-18-2022, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Add a hard start capacitor to your window unit, it will allow your window unit to start and run while your generator is in eco mode.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                    Add a hard start capacitor to your window unit, it will allow your window unit to start and run while your generator is in eco mode.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YTLFE
                    My ac on the lease camper won't get to ginning unless I spin the fan real hard by hand. I stick a broom handle up there and pull/spin the cage down.
                    Gotta whoop on it awhile b4 it kicks in.. Would this thing work for it ?
                    Last edited by 12ring; 08-18-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I put 1500 hours on a Harbor Freight 3500W Predator Inverter type generator. It powered everything and would run about 12 hours-15 hours on a couple gallons of gas. The starting knob fell off, so I returned it under warranty after a year and got a new one.

I know they are Chinese made, but I don't have a bad thing to say about its performance/price.

Comment

If you are running a lot of electronics (like a fancy TV, most new appliances, etc.) inverter is better for them.

Puts out a clean sine wave form.

Comment

My ac on the lease camper won't get to ginning unless I spin the fan real hard by hand. I stick a broom handle up there and pull/spin the cage down.
                          Gotta whoop on it awhile b4 it kicks in.. Would this thing work for it ?
                          That's an unknown. I'm not an AC expert. My guess is no, might look into the fan motor replacement.

My experience:
                          Genny on ECO, AC fan already blowing, when compressor attempts to start, the genny beeps and everything in the cabin goes off for 1/2 second. The overload light on the genny flashes briefly. Workaround is to start genny on full, then dial the temp way down on AC. After the compressor starts, then flip genny to ECO. AC runs continuously

After capacitor added, AC will start with genny on ECO. No overload.

There are several youtubes on this.

Comment

I didn't read everyone's links, so sorry if repeating info already provided.

Since generators are based on wattage, I followed directions from some sites I Googled. Go to each item that you want to operate at the same time and write down its required watts, including startup (which is higher for A/C). Then add them all together. That number will dictate how many watts your generator needs to produce.

I have a Predator 3500. It can steadily run up to 3000 watts, and up to 3500 startup. I've had it a little over a year. Relatively "quiet". Love it, except the spark arrestor will clog up and reduce airflow thus reducing output. So if operating in dry grass I clean arrestor. If green grass I just remove it. Other than that, she's a cherry. Use on my 32 foot 5th-wheel Reflection. Can run all my lights and 1 of the 2 A/Cs. Have to turn off A/C if using microwave or if wife wants to use hairdryer. It has been great.

Comment

If we talkin Home...Thats why I got Natural gas..Stove/Range.....It cooks/makes coffee/heats house (saved my butt during the big Freeze a few years back) so it useful summer /winter.....Yea Still need small Gen for small A/C or fan and fridge...Gettin Gasoline during the above time can be a real problem too...so having a good supply of gasoline on hand is must/and change it out regularly/and where to keep it safely..So a small gen that runs on Nat gas/Propane is option..Yea every body don't have access to Nat gas /a Propane set up and tank 200g+ is option..Just throwing out Thoughts /Options

Comment

Another question.

Will that WEN run an AC/Heater combo window unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X