Baseball Cards worth anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball Cards worth anything

Didnt want to hijack other thread, but it reminded me of an old box of 1000 or so cards in our attic i need to get rid of. I dont know anything about the prices either just that there seems to be a reassurgence in cards. Looks like most of these are 90's. This is just the top layer, tried to find names that i seem to recognize as a kid. Any of these worth anything that would warrent going card by card? Or should i just sell the whole thing as a lot?

Attached Files

Comment

If there are some in great shape and well known player it might be worth having them graded. With prices soaring it could be worth the effort. If you don’t want to mess with it put up a price for the lot and see what happens. Just my opinion, Without seeing them in person it would be hard to fetch good money for them.

Comment

If there are some in great shape and well known player it might be worth having them graded. With prices soaring it could be worth the effort. If you don’t want to mess with it put up a price for the lot and see what happens. Just my opinion, Without seeing them in person it would be hard to fetch good money for them.

Dang double posts, sorry about that.

Comment

Looks like that Jackie Robinson might be worth ~$1800.
          Itd be funny if the NKOTB card is worth more than Jackie.

Comment

I personally don’t know much about cards, but a buddy of min is big into baseball cards, and he said most of the early 90’s cards aren’t worth anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Those are pretty much worth zero tbh. Not sure about the Robinson though. Seems like only newer graded cards are really worth much. And it cost 100 bucks a card to grade if you want it back within a month.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Hunting4fun; 07-31-2022, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I will give 100 bucks for the lot

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                  Those are pretty much worth zero tbh. Not sure about the Robinson though. Seems like only newer graded cards are really worth much. And it cost 100 bucks a card to grade if you want it back within a month.

its only 25 a card if you have an account and send in more than one.

Comment

If that 55 Topps Jackie Robinson is real and in good shape its worth a lot. All others in the picture you can throw in the trash

Comment

I took these into a couple places just out of curiosity and was offered an insulting amount mostly because they weren't graded. And it's a lot harder to get anything above a psa 8 than anyone thinks.. I was shown a couple cards that appeared to be perfect but scored a 6. I was told by an old friend that still dabbles in cards that you can take a brand new pack of cards and there might not even be a 10 in the whole pack.

Comment

Ok let me dig through it some more when i get back home from chucke cheeses and see if i got anything else worth anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          I took these into a couple places just out of curiosity and was offered an insulting amount mostly because they weren't graded. And it's a lot harder to get anything above a psa 8 than anyone thinks.. I was shown a couple cards that appeared to be perfect but scored a 6. I was told by an old friend that still dabbles in cards that you can take a brand new pack of cards and there might not even be a 10 in the whole pack.

Card grading is very nit picky, and as you noted a lot of it is out of your control. Lots of cards fresh off the press won't be a 10 because grading starts with centering, and if the machine is off by a fraction of a MM you're **** outta luck on getting a 10.

Comment

Yep, cutting at the mint kills value. I'll give $125 for the lot.

Comment

I was curious also. After looking into it it's near impossible to get a NM9 or 10.

I have the 3 panel Bird, Erving, Johnson rookie card. I saw one sell for 250k. Mine is "worth" like $200 LOL Grading is retarded.

Even if you could get them graded at $25 each (I'd like to know where) it's probably not worth it as they'll all come back 2-3 grades below what you think even if they look 100% perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X