Help with gate opener ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with gate opener ???

I am almost complete with my entry and will build the gate this weekend. Gate will be 20' long and weigh about 450 pounds when I'm finished. I want to install an automatic gate opener but from what i have seen most are junk. Who makes a good quality opener?

Pics of my entry
    Attached Files

I don't know of any good ones... Have been thur 6 in 3 years at my work...

Comment

The best gate opener I ever saw was riding shotgun.

Comment

I'm using an Apollo.......

Comment

Apollo Gate

Comment

Chamberlain.

Comment

I have a Mighty Mule, had it for 7 years on the gate to my house however I DO NOT recommend going with a mighty mule. Friend of mine has a really good opener on his gate, but I don't know what brand it is off hand. I will swing by his place on the way home this evening and see what it is.
              I also recommend going electric and not battery/solar cell if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                I have a Mighty Mule, had it for 7 years on the gate to my house however I DO NOT recommend going with a mighty mule. Friend of mine has a really good opener on his gate, but I don't know what brand it is off hand. I will swing by his place on the way home this evening and see what it is.
                I also recommend going electric and not battery/solar cell if at all possible.
                Appreciate it, I'm going electric. I have 50 amps left in the box just for lights, cameras, opener and anything else i might need.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                  I'm using an Apollo.......
                  Any problems with it and how long have you had it ?

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                    Any problems with it and how long have you had it ?
                    I have only had it for 1 year but no problems so far.

Comment

I have had my Apollo 1550 since 2007. They aren't perfect but I feel the maintenance issues have been acceptable. Had to replace the main board twice from lightning strikes...not much you can do about that. Other than that it closes softly and TIGHT. My experience with others including the mighty mule were that you could literally push the gate open enough to walk through when they were closed.

Comment

I have an Apollo. It's a love/hate deal. You will have maintenance and things wear out, but you can get parts. The box store varieties are disposable. As soon as something goes wrong, you throw them away and start over.

Comment

I will be watching this thread. I've always heard Apollo was the best brand.

Comment

Appollo

Comment

Apollo here , no issues in 2 yrs

Comment

Working...
                              X