No announcement yet.

prayers needed - divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to have some backup plans for things that don't go as planned.
    It happens. If her move out plans fall through she might not leave.

I have three kids. It appears you have four.
    You will be divorced legally but your still going to have to be around her for more than you would like unless you play the deadbeat card and never attend anything the kids do when they aren't in your custody.

When your kids get older they will thank you for being the civil one over the years.

Comment

Is Dallas Nite Club still open?

I heard a fellar could do pretty well there back in the day.

Comment

Prayers brother I just made my first year of being divorced,thankfully there were no kids.I had to divorce my best friend,just a really unique unfortunate situation and it hurt and still hurts like hell.As mentioned above try and include God in all your affairs and one way or another it will be ok just a life changing event.I prayed and prayed that something good come from something so bad.I met a sweet woman that I was able to introduce to Jesus along with her son.She’s now my fiancé and I’ll have a son before long too.Keep moving forward and do what’s right in your power and it will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          You might want to have some backup plans for things that don't go as planned.
          It happens. If her move out plans fall through she might not leave.

I have three kids. It appears you have four.
          You will be divorced legally but your still going to have to be around her for more than you would like unless you play the deadbeat card and never attend anything the kids do when they aren't in your custody.

When your kids get older they will thank you for being the civil one over the years.

Yea we already have it written and agreed to. Will file with courts next week after a lawyer reviews it to make sure we have the i's dotted and t's crossed. I don't think it will go south as long as I don't say anything stupid.

Yes I plan to be at all the events I can be at whether I have them or not. If we gave them the choice, at least the 2 oldest would choose to live with me. That is part of the problem. She hasn't been happy and they are always asking why is she so mad. But either way, we both are focused on what is best for the kids given the situation. We're doing joint custody so we'll have them 50-50% of the time.

I'm still struggling with the idea of not telling the kids good night 183 night a year.

Comment

Going through the same. We are super civil, we sit together at my sons baseball games and so far have helped each other with him when situations arise. I dove head first into a bottle of booze for about a month and I am here to tell you it ain’t worth it. Keep a clear head and always take the high road.

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
              Geez. Try to have this thread removed. Should we also pray for you to find a hot piece of ***? Good luck
              I said i needed prayers for strength when I tell the kids and for the kids.

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              You will be fine. Once you have had as many as I have it’s like falling off a log.
              This is my 2nd but that one didn't involve kids. This one is way harder.

Originally posted by Benno View Post
              He didn’t request “hot”, just a piece. He clearly stated the his efforts to lower his standards.

Good luck in your search BigL.
              Actually i didn't request anything but prayer for strength tonight and for the kids. Hell if you want add my soon to be ex in your prayers too. I pray she finds happiness.

The comment about lower my standards with alcohol was just a poor attempt to be funny when I was trying to clarify that this divorce isn't about alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                Yea we already have it written and agreed to. Will file with courts next week after a lawyer reviews it to make sure we have the i's dotted and t's crossed. I don't think it will go south as long as I don't say anything stupid.

Yes I plan to be at all the events I can be at whether I have them or not. If we gave them the choice, at least the 2 oldest would choose to live with me. That is part of the problem. She hasn't been happy and they are always asking why is she so mad. But either way, we both are focused on what is best for the kids given the situation. We're doing joint custody so we'll have them 50-50% of the time.

I'm still struggling with the idea of not telling the kids good night 183 night a year.

Zoom or Facetime. It's not the same but its up to you to put forth the effort.

Download Uber to get everybody off your back.

If your friends are worth a flip you will be going out soon and plan on drinking heavily.

It's not a crime and you will find it to be a very positive influence on your new lifestyle.

Comment

Prayers sent BigL. Take good care of those kids.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Leland. Prayers for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      Understand completely - It's a different world getting your kiddos half the time. It's been 10 yrs for me and I still dont feel right 50% of the time.

My key was/is staying busy and being with Family/Friends as much as possible. Idle minds are HORRIBLE in these situations. Stay active and fill up as much time as you can to keep occupied.

Good luck to yall!
                      Yes this is my concern is idle mind/time. All our friends that we hung out with are really her friends. I'll get back to working out more. More in the weight room, more bike riding, etc. and i've been considering writing a book about what I do for work but I am worried about the idle time when I don't have kids.

My idle time without kids will probably be spent planning what we are doing when they are with me.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                        Zoom or Facetime. It's not the same but its up to you to put forth the effort.

Download Uber to get everybody off your back.

If your friends are worth a flip you will be going out soon and plan on drinking heavily.

It's not a crime and you will find it to be a very positive influence on your new lifestyle.
                        Yes will be doing a lot of facetime/zoom/duo with them. I help them with their math homework so plan to continue to do that via video chat daily and video chat with them nightly. Will be buying the 11 year old a phone for this purpose as well. She's the one that's going to be hit the hardest. She's a daddy's girl.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Divorce sucks especially for the kids.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Praying for you. Keep your head up

Comment

Prayers for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                                Just to clarify - alcohol was not the problem. I'm been avoiding it as we tried to work through the problems so I wouldn't do/say something stupid. We were trying to work through it, didn't need me having loose lips and saying something I would regret. Now that it's really over, who cares what I say?

When i move out, strange is on the menu and i may need alcohol to help lower my standards... :-)

The prayer request is for strength when we tell the kids today and for them. Thanks.

[emoji23] Good luck with your new endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X