DIY Cabin build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    Very cool! Is construction what you do for a living?

No, I’m oil & gas, but I consider myself fairly handy from metal fab to mechanic work and construction.. i don’t like paying any one to do anything haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Killed three pigs this morning and then went to work.

Gotta finish the other end wall tomorrow and I’m waiting on the two small windows for my bedroom, probably be a month on them.

Picked up the roofing materials this evening, have the saw mill cutting board and batten next week. Getting closer to having the exterior wrapped up.

Comment

Good progress man! Lookin good

Comment

MN you are killing it. What’s the budget and what’s the total so far?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            MN you are killing it. What’s the budget and what’s the total so far?

I need to add it up but I’m thinking I’m into it for about $10k so far. Trying to stay under $35k finished with appliances & furniture.

Comment

All the sheathing is done,
              wrapped, front windows in and eaves trimmed in cedar. Waiting on the 2-0x2-0 windows to come in for the bedroom.

Thinking hard about starting the roof tomorrow and trying to knock it out by mid day Wednesday, going out to town Thursday so it has to get done.

Comment

looking great

Comment

You are really making good progress on this nice project. It has been cool to follow, thanks for posting pics that show all the construction details.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Looking great!! I really like the Lodi area. Nice and quiet out there.

Comment

Bro.. You are a beast! Kicking … and taking names.

Comment

Worked till 9pm tonight to beat the rain and get the roof on. More pics tomorrow.

Comment

DIY Cabin build

I’ll install the gable rake trim next days off and trim/ fold the ridge cap ends (stick it up there temporarily with a few screws until i get the trim and ridge vent foam in)

Getting closer to moving the work to the inside.

Comment

Just curious here and wanting to learn. But why leave the ridge cap hangin over and cut it instead of sliding it over and let it over lap the other piece of ridge cap? Is that bad practice? Or one continuous piece? Just wondering, the place looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cullbuck View Post
                                Just curious here and wanting to learn. But why leave the ridge cap hangin over and cut it instead of sliding it over and let it over lap the other piece of ridge cap? Is that bad practice? Or one continuous piece? Just wondering, the place looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s multiple pieces overlapped two ribs already. The ends will get pie cut and and dog ear folded down to seal the ends off to the gable trim when i install it. I didn’t get it in time and had to get the cap on due to rain coming so it’s just temporary.

It’ll look like this when done.

Comment

Working...
                                X