No announcement yet.

Red Fish on the Half Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were both good! I like the half shell recipe and momma liked the parmesan crusted better!! Thanks y’all!

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

I like to grind up some dried Chili Pequin and mix it with some garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano. Make it into a paste. Slash some lines in the meat and smear with the paste. Then through on the grill.

Comment

Man I got hungry on that post!

Comment

Man, that’s a lot of recipes and they all look great. I’m thinking there needs to be a TBH redfish on the half shell cook off. Let me know where I need to be and when. I’ll help judge.

Comment

Hard to screw this up unless you burn them. Don’t over think this, 1 part butter, one part olive oil, half a lime, your favorite Cajun seasoning. Cook over charcoal.

Comment

Coat with melted butter and then a thick layer of pico de gallo squeeze a lime over the top and grill hot and fast. Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
                  Coat with melted butter and then a thick layer of pico de gallo squeeze a lime over the top and grill hot and fast. Awesome

That’s how I get down. Rake it into a corn tortilla, add hot sauce, and cilantro….down the hatch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump. Gonna do some with butter, Cajun seasoning and pico and some with the Mayo parm combo this evening.

Comment

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I have several redfish in my freezer from my husband's most recent fishing trip and each of these suggestions look great.

I'll be curious to know how your fish turns out and which method you liked best.

Dinner tonight at our house will be Roasted Pheasant Jalapeño Poppers with Bourbon Red Pepper Jelly and Mango Salmon Ceviche in an effort to use up the older stuff in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I have several redfish in my freezer from my husband's most recent fishing trip and each of these suggestions look great.

I'll be curious to know how your fish turns out and which method you liked best.

Dinner tonight at our house will be Roasted Pheasant Jalapeño Poppers with Bourbon Red Pepper Jelly and Mango Salmon Ceviche in an effort to use up the older stuff in the freezer.

Sounds great!

Comment

My method is very simple and always been a crowd pleaser. Will work with any fish that you prefer on the grill. A light application of olive oil, a little Tony’s and halfway through the grilling process I apply a liberal amount of Picante Sauce on top and let it go for about 5 more minutes. Turns out pretty good.

Comment

We cooked some on a Good Friday a fews years ago along with some steaks and sausage. The sausage spewed grease all over the redfish and it was the best I've ever had. Gary might remember it.

Comment

don't over cook

Comment

Working...
                              X