Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on here ever been spurred by a Rooster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been got a few times.. They all manage to spill more blood that me tho..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I had a visitor come by yesterday to potlick some tomatoes off of me. While here I brought out ol cogburn's spur, the one that Coogfan still suffers from years later. I even snapped a pic of him holding it for old times sake. I tried to get Coogfan to take it home with him but he was scared to.lol

[ATTACH]510989[/ATTACH]
      That's one heckuva spur

Comment

Not exactly a chicken, but one time I was hunting pheasants with a buddy
        near Hill City, Ks. I had just bought a new shotgun and my buddy wanted to
        try it out, so I was carrying his which he had apparenty loaded with left over
        shells.

The cock pheasant flushed and I shot with what we figured out later, was
        a number 2 shot. the bird went straight up then straight down and I went
        over and picked up my dead bird by the head, and since we were close to the
        car, I was carrying him to the car when he came to.

He about cut my arm off before I got his neck wrung. we looked him over
        and the only wounds on the bird were a bloody spot on his head and a missing
        toe nail. He was just knocked out from getting hit in the head by a pellet.

Comment

Yes, as a kid we raised Chickens, Ducks and we had a huge White Rock rooster that stood nearly 2' high (for real). He would take on anyone & anything if you went into his yard with his girls..

Some 25 or so years later I worked in the local Steel Mill & guys were talking about things they remember as kids. The shipping foreman said, John had a Rooster that was meaner than any Dog I have ever encountered. EVERYONE knew about & was afraid of him.

He took on my Mom one day & b/4 sundown his neck met with her trusty AX.
          He would not fit whole in her roaster but she did get him cooked.

Comment

Bump

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Many times, my grandpa had 100’s of fighting roosters, he fought them in Halletsville , Yoakum, Shiner....he lived in SweetHome

Comment

Anybody remember this place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, my rooster spurred me in the leg. It hurt pretty bad but I didn’t think much of it and kept working. Several minutes later I noticed my foot was very wet, which didn’t make sense until I pulled my shoe off and saw my sock was soaked in blood. Turns out he hit me about halfway between my ankle and knee, right on the big vein that runs close to the surface. I survived, he didn’t.

Comment

I’m pretty sure that is how “ Chicken and Dumplings” came to be. LOL

Comment

Old thread...

35 years ago I was helping out after the high school FFA auction and was tasked with holding a turkey on it's back by pinning the legs to its chest while they took the head off... Them dang things are way stronger than I gave it credit for and those legs shot up and sliced me open under each of my arm pits. Left big scars.

Comment

We never had any roosters, we only had chickens, I am glad, never wanted to deal with roosters, I know about them.

We had turkeys also, we did have a turkey tom. He would on occasions decide he needed to attack someone. When he did, he was just like a overgrown rooster, you could not get him to stop. I kicked the crap out of that turkey multiple times trying to get him to stop trying to spur me. He would keep coming. It's like those tiny brains don't register pain. I got stabbed a few times, did not feel good, but was not a bad deal.
                        We had a 4' high fenced in area, that we kept chickens in then later turkeys. Then we had shrimp net over the top of it. You had to duck, be hunched over in most of the pen, because of the netting over the top. So when the turkey top would decide to attack, you would be hunched over and trying to fend off the tom. Then when you tried to stand up straight and go after him, not thinking your head was up in the netting, ****ed if you stayed hunched over or if you stood up. You had a better chance of fighting him hunched over.

Comment

Working...
                        X