Cancun vacation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancun vacation.

How safe is it to go to Cancun now? I`ve never been, but my son's family is going next year for the first time since it got dangerous, and they want me and the wife to go since we are both retired now. They were going every year till about 3 years ago and loved it. I haven`t committed yet and always said NO to Mexico in the past when they asked, but the grandkids are all but grown now and we never know how many tomorrows we have left to spend time with them .

Just got back from there 2 weeks ago, had a great time. Went into town one day and had no problems.

Comment

If you stick to the resorts and main areas don't go looking for any "trouble" I think Cancun is fine. My sister and BIL just got back a month or so ago and no issues.

Comment

It’s great. Go and you will go back again next year. It’s like here… don’t look for trouble and you won’t find any.

Comment

Safer than most big cities in the States

Seaweed is awful there since 2019. I love Cancun but we’ve been avoiding it due to the seaweed. Isla is clean and friends just got back from Cozumel and it was clear. In the Dominican, punta cana has heavy seaweed but la romana is 100% clear

Comment

Just got back from there 3 weeks ago. The resorts are safe, at least ours was (Iberostar). They have security at the gate, and you can only come in if you are staying there. I took my daughter and her friend and never felt unsafe. We took the ferry over to isla mujeres one day (highly recommend). My daughter and I also took a cab and went fishing for a day in the lagoon. Never felt threatened or unsafe

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Safer than most big cities in the States

Seaweed is awful there since 2019. I love Cancun but we’ve been avoiding it due to the seaweed. Isla is clean and friends just got back from Cozumel and it was clear. In the Dominican, punta cana has heavy seaweed but la romana is 100% clear
              I agree with this.

Comment

We've been going the past couple of years and love it down there. That said, we just hang on the resort, play some golf, and enjoy the beach.

Comment

We went to Isla Mujeres last summer, no issues but we only landed in Cancun and went straight to the island. Supposedly it's a much slower pace and friendlier place. We had a blast.

Comment

Go every year it’s a blast and safe mind your business and don’t look for trouble. Isla mujeres is nice, xcaret parks are fun, Tulum is great too lots of choices and everyone feels safe since they are heavy tourist attractions

Comment

Sadly safer than go to the school in EEUU

Comment

It’s fine. Friend got back yesterday and had a blast. Cozumel was fine last I went too. Cabo is also fine and the marlin we’re on fire.

Comment

Sitting in Cancun Airport as I type, headed back from a week in Isla Mujeres. I’d recommend it over Cancun, having gone to both. But, I agree with others that if you don’t go looking for trouble in Cancun (wandering away from main tourist points) you should be fine.

Comment

Cozumel was great, just got back last week. Even rented a car and drove around the island.

Comment

Working...
                            X