Leo ? Drivers license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo ? Drivers license

When I renewed my tx drivers license I had to show my birth certificate or a passport.
    If a person is not here legally they won't be getting a DL .

So if they are driving with no license and get pulled over what happens to them?p

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by sotol View Post
    When I renewed my tx drivers license I had to show my birth certificate or a passport.

So if they are driving with no license and get pulled over what happens to them?p

In my 18 years with the fire department i can tell you that i have worked many vehicle accidents that were caused by people with no English, no insurance and no DL and in every case ( if there were no significant injuries) they were allowed to walk away with out consequence.
    The law only applies to us working class Americans

Comment

They get a citation for No Operator License and, in most cases are then sent on their way.

Comment

Depends on the department. We used to write a citation and tow their vehicles. Our Chief made the argument that a class c violation is a class c violation. If we aren't towing cars for illegal turns or running a stop sign then why are we towing them for No DL or insurance. That practice was ended and we issue a citation at our discretion and they drive away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no idea what happens to them.

I do know what my buddy told happened when his wife got side swiped 2 times by a pickup. She was driving a car.

He said she managed to get the 2nd time on video with the license plate number. She pulled to the side of the road and they didn't. Dallas County Sheriff responded. She showed the officer the video and the officer ran the plate. Officer told her the driver was Mexican and probably didn't have any insurance and there was nothing more they could do for her. The officer gave her a copy of the accident report and left since her car was still drivable.

Costs my buddy and his wife their insurance deductible and they didn't do anything wrong

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Years ago.....no dl and no insurance they went to jail period. Nowadays we have to be nicer.

To your friends wife.....sounds like a lazy cop. I have followed up on and cited or arrested many hit and run drivers.

Comment

While on the topic of Drivers Licenses do you currently hold the >>>New Federal Real ID Compliant<<< license.

Comment

That ain't the way it happens in Lostin.i mean Austin.paper plate capitol of the state!no DL,no ins., Dui,Dwi, they get a pass in this county.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                  Depends on the department. We used to write a citation and tow their vehicles. Our Chief made the argument that a class c violation is a class c violation. If we aren't towing cars for illegal turns or running a stop sign then why are we towing them for No DL or insurance. That practice was ended and we issue a citation at our discretion and they drive away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  And if they wrecked into me after they were let go I'd sue for as much as I could get. IMO everyone should.

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                    That ain't the way it happens in Lostin.i mean Austin.paper plate capitol of the state!no DL,no ins., Dui,Dwi, they get a pass in this county.
                    Paper plates are a huge problem here in Texas. Believe it or not they are used by and sold by cartels to fund operations. Travis county does have a task force to battle the issue, but it only has a few members. The actual worst county is Harris county, which should be no surprise and as far as i know Travis county has the only task force.

As for the original topic, at my agency it boils down to staffing and call volume. So basically you have to decide if making the class C arrest is appropriate considering these factors. Personally, I cite and send em down the road most of the time.

Hit and runs are frustrating for officers as well. Even if we get lucky and have a plate, unless we catch up to the person in a reasonable amount of time it is very hard to articulate hit and run since 99% of the time people don't think, or can not see to get a good description of the driver. Many people think if we find the vehicle we can just arrest people, not the case. Also, we (the public) are our own worse enemy, often times when i do catch up to people who hit and ran, when we ask the victim if they want to press charges they say no, I just want their insurance.
                    Last edited by J-Carp; 09-08-2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

ENFORCE THE LAW, is that too much to ask?

Comment

ENFORCE THE LAW, is that too much to ask?

Don't worry, they'll get a ticket for running a red light and your car, while driving in a car they don't own, with no license, and no insurance. Just the same as you will if your tail lights out. Been there done that

Comment

We used to call one certain ICE agent who wanted to do his job! He would ask do you have something to take them to jail for? Why yes we do! He would talk to them over the phone and then would tell us to put an immigration hold on them for him and he would be there the next day. He was the one and only one that I knew that would do it and he deported a lot of folks that my officers arrested.

Comment

I think by letting them go your department now has the liability on that individual....

Comment

DWI offenders get to drive away???? They get a pass??? Please explain.

Comment

Working...
                              X