Bass Pro in Pearland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass Pro in Pearland

I have been a customer at bass pro since its grand opening i just started thinking about getting into archery and have heard bits and pieces about their archery shop and the employees both good and bad any advice thanks

They have a good selection of bows and a nice little archery range in the back by the bows. Any good employee would let you get a good feel for the bow and all that good stuff to make sure you like it. If not, go to a different store.

Comment

ya thats what i hear i hear they are good about that just when it comes to customer serivce and the quality of work that is done any suggestions

Comment

I've shopped the BPS in pearland a few times and they seem fine. Actually the service and experience is as good as any "box" store I've seen in the archery department.

That being said I would go to an actual bow shop to buy, tune and service my bows. All of the well known bow shops around town have the box stores beat by decades when it comes to experience.

JMO....

Comment

Ask for Terry he'll take care of you. He is my go to guy(for Archery) at Pearland BPS.

Comment

Definitely go to an archery shop. Most of the people at Bass Pro can help you but are not the most educated when it comes to archery.

Try Viking or the new shop in West Houston called West Houston Archery.

Comment

Ask for a guy by the name of Brad P. I've known him for years and he is one of two people (any where) that I let work on my bows.

Comment

OK just checkin i just have enough rewards points on ym card to get a bow without really spending money so im gonna look into a bow from there im sure i can find one

Comment

BPS Pearland!

Any of the guys there can help you!They have one new kid there named Zach not the most qualified so if he's there when ou go tell them to see if Manny is there I'll help you get squared away!

Comment

to be honest yes there is some good people there but in my opinion you need to go to triple edge archery in dayton. i just go back in to archery and the guys at triple edge are extremely knowledgable in the archery field. the bows at BPS are nice but alittle over priced. i can promise you wont be disappointed with triple edge.

Comment

yea Terrys a good guy, hes helped me many times, even way back when he worked at Gander Mountain.

Comment

Well I bought a bow and now just got to get some work done I have some rewArds points with bass pro went in yesterday only to see the head guy jared at pearland blow a bow up so deadlydiamondshooter who do I ask for if u are not there

Comment

I wouldn't go there for advice. I was in there one day picking up some quick fletches and the salesman was walking a guy through buying a new bow and all of the accessories.

The customer was green as could be and asked the salesman what kind of target he should buy. The salesman told him that any would be fine. We all know that some are for broadheads and some are for field tips. But anyway, the customer was asking him about arrows. The salesman just told him to get some that are carbon. Didn't give him advice on picking shafts based on poundage of his bow or anything. Then the customer asked him about sights. Salesman said they're all pretty much the same. I stood there for about 20 minutes listening to all of this and every time the customer asked the salesman about something else the answer was always the same. I really felt like interrupting and giving the little bit of knowledge I have (which was all learned here on the GS of course) but I didn't want to come across like a know it all. I felt bad for the guy though.

I bought my bow from Mesquite Archery in San Antonio and if I ever need work or advice...I'll go to a bow shop like Viking archery.

Comment

Dude I shoot there a lot. There is one guy with with black hair, looks like he may of been in a fire. Stay clear of him. The only reason I use them is the range. Other than that sante fe archery shop

Comment

I use Santa Fe archery they are good guy's to go to also.

Comment

Working...
                              X